• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North [Mar 21, 2015] Smash the Whole Planet! (Smash 4 Charity Tournament) (Brighton, MA)

LanceKing2200

Smash Apprentice
SMASH THE WHOLE PLANET!

It's time for another charity Smash 4 tournament, this time to benefit the Whole Planet Foundation! Since we're running this event for their charity, Whole Foods Market in Brighton MA has been kind enough to volunteer their store to be our venue! We'll have access to their entire cafe area with tables, chairs, and space. Unfortunately we won't be able to stream, as their internet isn't very good, but we will have a projector for spectators! The venue is easily accessible from the Green Line.

The ruleset will be the same as our previous Smash 4 charity tournament for Boston Children's Hospital, but to recap:

Tournament rules:
3 Stock 8 Minutes
Items: Off
Best 2/3 (3/5 for finals)
Custom Moves: ON
Custom Equipment: OFF
Mii Fighters: LEGAL

Full rules: HERE

Entry: $10 (for charity!)

Prizes: Donated prizes, including Whole Foods gift cards and Pokemon Hats!

I know that the summer/EVO update of the Amazing Ampharos Custom Moves Project will be available sometime around March 20th. Depending on when it's released and how drastic the changes are, and how much access I have to update systems, we may or may not use it. For now, assume we'll be using the version that currently available (and it's very likely that 95% of the movesets will be the same)

With all that said we'll still need setups! I can only guarantee 2 right now, although I'm working on more. If anyone is willing/able to bring setups, or any equipment at all, that would be fantastic. I'll start putting together a full list of what we have and what we need after PAX.

Facebook event page HERE
Facebook Smash 4 MA groups HERE and HERE
Whole Planet Foundation website HERE

Last edited:

LanceKing2200

Smash Apprentice
I'm updating the time to 4:00 because I feel like we might need more time, also there may be an entry cap, this is getting more hype than I originally planned for.

LanceKing2200

Smash Apprentice
As a matter of fact yes. I'm going to make 2 announcements.

FIRST: To get an idea of how many people we're going to get, we're asking people to sign up online. You don't have to pay any money up front, just put your name on this google doc sheet, but if you do not sign up online I cannot guarantee your spot in the tournament.

SECOND: We're going to be increasing the entry fee to $10. This is at the request of whole foods to raise more money for the charity, and also covers the venue fee.

Top Bottom