• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic South [Mar 14, 2015] Smash for Service (Fairfax,VA)

TitoTot

Smash Rookie
GMU Esports and GMU Knights of Columbus Present: The Smash for Service

This is a Super Smash Bros. tournament to raise money for the Gabriel Project Organization.

Gabriel Project Arlington (GPA) helps pregnant women with long or short-term needs by offering assistance at the parish level. It involves a network of churches, crisis pregnancy centers and other agencies working together to assist the mother with physical, material, spiritual, and emotional support.

The following double elimination tournaments will be held:
  • Melee(Singles)
  • Melee(Doubles)
  • Smash for Wii U(Singles)
  • Project M(Singles)
Entry will be $5 per game, doubles teams on pay $5 for both players. No venue fee.

Tournament will be held at George Mason University's Fairfax campus. In the HUB Ballroom.
All are welcome!

Below is a pre-registration form for the event. You can reserve your spot, and also volunteer to bring a set-up if you can! Hope to see you March 14th!
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1OBBneZcARBiHDjj6HFBNqcV-0D3yTwbGK_J0dzb-8z4/viewform?usp=send_form
Facebook Event Page:
https://www.facebook.com/events/829029103836179

TO ALL NON-MASON SMASHERS! PARKING WILL BE FREE FOR THE EVENT!!

Free parking will be made available at St. Robert Bellarmine Chapel thanks to Father Peter and GMU Catholic Campus Ministry! The chapel is across from campus!

Parking passes will be made and given to you so you don't get towed courtesy of the Knights of Columbus. Free parking is on a first come, first serve basis. The address for the Chapel is listed below.
4515 Roberts Rd, Fairfax, VA 22032

Last edited:

Jon_14

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jon_14
3DS FC
1993-8945-7042
Is George Mason easily Metro accessible? If so then I'll try and make it next weekend.

Jon_14

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jon_14
3DS FC
1993-8945-7042
to my knowledge it is. you might have to check
Yeah it is, but I'll have to take a bus to get to the Arlington campus. Eh a 1.80 ain't that bad.

Last edited:

SatoshiSmash

Smash Rookie
It's not at the Arlington campus, it's at the Fairfax campus. Not sure if you meant you'd take the campus connector bus from Arlington to Fairfax or if you're confused about where it is, but wanted to make sure you knew.

Jon_14

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jon_14
3DS FC
1993-8945-7042
It's not at the Arlington campus, it's at the Fairfax campus. Not sure if you meant you'd take the campus connector bus from Arlington to Fairfax or if you're confused about where it is, but wanted to make sure you knew.
Me being an idiot I had put Arlington instead of Fairfax. My bad there.

sc00p

Smash Cadet
does anybody know about what time each event is starting because ill have to show up at about ~12 and im not sure if its worth coming

Frak

Smash Rookie
I'm planning to attend the tourney and have already pre-registered. In regards to the free parking, should I pick up a pass ahead of time or on the day of the event? Also, could I have directions on how to get to the HUB ballroom from the chapel?

TitoTot

Smash Rookie
I'm planning to attend the tourney and have already pre-registered. In regards to the free parking, should I pick up a pass ahead of time or on the day of the event? Also, could I have directions on how to get to the HUB ballroom from the chapel?
Someone will be at the chapel to give you directions and give you your pass

Top Bottom