• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Many questions from a New Yoshi main.

Noyu

Smash Cadet
If you want to watch the videos. Please remove the underscores after the h in the links. Im new here and cannot post links just yet.

1. What is leffen doing here? h_ttp://youtu.be/Fp1w7eQbACg?t=2m3s
It looks like a parry, but im not sure how this is done. Also Im really confused because he takes damage. I know how to Jump cancel parry and lightshield parry.

2. I've noticed many really good yoshi players going into upair combos. They'll begin this with down throw or they'll jab reset, or sometimes they'll just approach and start it up. They double jump cancel upair so quickly and so low to the ground, my question is, what inputs do they use? I was taught by hungrybox to press up-toggle+y+z really quickly to djc and attack. This has been working for other djc related attacks, but when i try to run after someone (either after I down-throw them or if they're just standing) and do the DJC really quickly , i end up double jumping so fast that I duck into the ground really quickly. What's the best way to djc really low, and then how can you do it best while running?

h_ttp://youtu.be/VOzrppvbvHk?t=1m50s <----eggsample

3. How do Yoshi's like Amsa and Leffen (and V3ctorman? im not sure i see him doing this) hover around edges of platforms at really quick speeds (and usually you hear yoshi constantly humming)? Assuming Yoshi is facing right and standing at the left side of a platform, would you just waveland off the left edge of the platform, jump right through the platform and quickly waveland to the left again?

example: h_ttp://youtu.be/VOzrppvbvHk?t=1m33s

Thanks to anyone who answers. : )

Mind Trick

Smash Ace
1. Crouch cancel dsmash (holding down on control stick to somewhat negate knockback and stun)

2. User preference, I press X twice really fast, but anything will work with enough practise. I'm sure other Yoshi's use another method. Chaining djc upairs on fastfallers will take a lot of practise to get the timing and reaction on their DI. For djc upair, just start doing the steps of the move slowly and keep going faster and lower to the ground.

3. Yup, waveland off -> double jump again quickly -> repeat. Again, practise makes perfect.

Last edited:
Top Bottom