• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mansta8's WIP Void: ooh banana

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Just letting you guys know I started work on Kumatora again, no pics because I'm not ready to show it yet. But I've learned a little bit more from when I started originally, so I hope this one can end up similar or better than what I was doing before.

Last edited:

flintconfirmed

Smash Apprentice
Excited for Kumatora! It would be pretty cool to replace Lucas with her.

Really it'd be neat if it was possible to get alt names in there like Tekken but that was already shown to be impossible right now...

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
oh mY GOD I'VE BEEN UP FOR A REALLY LONG TIME
TIME FOR PREVIEWS
THE HEAD LOOKS DERP ATM BUT WHATEVRE
NANIKORE.png
KUBASORA.png

HAIR AND HOOD NEED IMPROVEMENTS MRGRGR
I had to remake the entire torso because I lost it lmao.

Last edited:

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
lmao skin wrap is terrible. I just wanted to see her in the game.
RSBEPM-221.png
RSBEPM-222.png
RSBEPM-223.png

a lot of work to do with the rig, then I have to fix the eyes and add a size mod.

Last edited:

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
What the model looks like at the moment.
SugoiAF.png

Should I add any more details before I start actually rigging it?

I kind of want to hear from you guys because this is the most work I've done with a character so far, and I want to make this as good as I can.

Last edited:

Draco_The

Smash Lord
Fix the eyes' normals/texture.

And the pocket thing she has:

Last edited:

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Fix the eyes' normals/texture.
Duh I was going to do that lmaoo, the normals for Lucas' eyes are like that in 3ds max, so I'd need to do whatever the game does to fix it.

Last edited:

kazan

Smash Apprentice
I think making the shoe blend better around the ankles would be a nice idea
and maybe a little bit fixing around the hair.
other than that, it's looking very nice (:

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
And the pocket thing she has:
I think making the shoe blend better around the ankles would be a nice idea
and maybe a little bit fixing around the hair.
other than that, it's looking very nice (:
Noted, thanks guys.
The boots were actually the first thing I made originally and I honestly think I should re-do them so I'll do that.
The pocket was something I was going to add but I forgot lol.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
PROGRESS, hair and pocket thing not done yet. I still have to re UV map the shoes.
WoopThere it is.png

Also there's a clay model recolor.
Kima****awa.png

Last edited:

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
This is what she looks like in game right now with the size mod and a very simple rig. I haven't fixed the eyes either.
Didn't add it to all the animations because I still only have 3.5, if someone gives me 3.6's FitLucas.pac and FitLucasMotionEtc.pac I can do it earlier.
RSBEPM-224.png
RSBEPM-225.png
Edit: I see a hole in her head in the first pic, will fix.

Last edited:

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Last edited:

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Still on the Kumatora hype train btw :colorful:
Nice to know people are still following this, I haven't had time to work on her for a while. I wanted her face to look a little less like Lucas and I've experimented with it a few times and never got anywhere.
If enough people think she looks okay now I can try and rig her later idk.

Last edited:

shikamaru12

Smash Apprentice
I think that she looks great. There isn't really much that you can do to make her much different from Lucas other than maybe puffing out the hair a little bit, but that could be a little too much. Kumatora's face is just very similar to Lucas's. Great work though!

Nice to know people are still following this, I haven't had time to work on her for a while. I wanted her face to look a little less like Lucas and I've experimented with it a few times and never got anywhere.
If enough people think she looks okay now I can try and rig her later idk.
Other than making her look a bit cheeky and recognizable female, there's not a hell of a lot needed, the Earthbound style is pretty forgiving. Exhibit A!

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
I've come out of nowhere again to give you a preview of:
ANIME GIRL IN SMASH.png

Some anime girl you don't care about instead of Kumatora :^)

This is just a MMD import so it shouldn't take long besides rigging and optimizing.

Last edited:

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
RSBEN1-10.png
Here's an in game screenshot, I have to remove the stuff that still clips from the MGS2 suit, then I'm going to re-do his the textures to be like the MGS1 suit.
Do you want the MGS3 Sneaking Suit?
This is just a little thing that I'm doing right now, but I'd love to have that model as well for later.

drogoth232

Smash Lord
I have a bunch of Snake's suits from MGS3. Took forever to get them. You might have to do some UVing to fix some stuff, but for the most part they're all in order.

Ask, and if I have them I'll send 'em over

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
I have a bunch of Snake's suits from MGS3. Took forever to get them. You might have to do some UVing to fix some stuff, but for the most part they're all in order.

Ask, and if I have them I'll send 'em over
I'd like the officer and scientist outfits if you have them as well as the sneaking suit.
It will probably be a long time until I get them done, I'd at least like to have them so when I want to do them I won't have to search the internet forever.

Although you probably don't have them, I'm interested in The Boss's models too.

drogoth232

Smash Lord
I'd like the officer and scientist outfits if you have them as well as the sneaking suit.
It will probably be a long time until I get them done, I'd at least like to have them so when I want to do them I won't have to search the internet forever.

Although you probably don't have them, I'm interested in The Boss's models too.
Sure thing.
Also, could you custom make the crocodile cap for the scientist suit? When you get to it, of course.

And yes. Yes I do.

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
Here's an in game screenshot, I have to remove the stuff that still clips from the MGS2 suit, then I'm going to re-do his the textures to be like the MGS1 suit.

This is just a little thing that I'm doing right now, but I'd love to have that model as well for later.
This is looking great so far! Are you planning to add his ammo packs back onto his belt?

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Sure thing.
Also, could you custom make the crocodile cap for the scientist suit? When you get to it, of course.

And yes. Yes I do.
Thanks, I'll try to make the crocodile cap too, it'd be great as the scientist outfit is silly anyways.
The Boss's models would be great too.
This is looking great so far! Are you planning to add his ammo packs back onto his belt?
Yeah I'm adding them back, the Twin Snakes model I had didn't have the ammo packs but I went back to his art for the game and they are there.

I love how all the MGS models already fit Brawl/PM's art style though.

王女 クマトラ

Outta my way, dammit!
NNID
ChieSatonaka
I know you're not working on her right now, but here's some amazing fanmade Kumatora renders I found, it'd be really cool if you based your model/CSP's/palettes off these:

Note: They're from a fake game, not even sure why they went through making art assets for it but hey, whatever.

As you may be able to tell from my avatar and username (Princess Kumatora in Japanese) I'm a huge Kumatora fan and am waiting patiently for her to be released. Thanks for taking up the task, because honestly, there's no good models of her on the vault whatsoever. I'd also love to make a PSA for her too once you're finished.

Edit: With some searching, I've found the original source of the render is: http://daeron-red-fire.deviantart.com/art/Kumatora-Smashified-527446069

Last edited:

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
I know you're not working on her right now, but here's some amazing fanmade Kumatora renders I found, it'd be really cool if you based your model/CSP's/palettes off these:

Note: They're from a fake game, not even sure why they went through making art assets for it but hey, whatever.

As you may be able to tell from my avatar and username (Princess Kumatora in Japanese) I'm a huge Kumatora fan and am waiting patiently for her to be released. Thanks for taking up the task, because honestly, there's no good models of her on the vault whatsoever. I'd also love to make a PSA for her too once you're finished.

Edit: With some searching, I've found the original source of the render is: http://daeron-red-fire.deviantart.com/art/Kumatora-Smashified-527446069
I knew your username was something Kumatora back when I saw it last, don't know much Kanji so it's cool that it means princess.

MGS1 Snake and Tomoko are just me procrastinating Kumatora so I'm going to go back to her when I finish Snake. I really want her hair to look similar to that.

Last edited:

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
placeholder texture I did from memory, going to check the Twin Snakes model for more stuff later
snork.png

ledgerewskie

Smash Journeyman
It's great seeing progress on Snake. His vest is looking a little bulky, though. Metal Gear Acid 1 used the same sneaking suit, if you need more references. His hair and facial hair were different, though.

Last edited:

Wing Zero

Smash Apprentice
"drop everything for mgs" is probably the best thread title i have ever read. can't keep us waiting for too long, snake!

Cahalan

Smash Ace
I have this gut feeling that the next Smashified! character will be kumatora... (unless it's isaac's hair line colored pink, which would throw everyone off, but Artsy Omni did mention that he/she was very talkative.. Plus in Mother 3 she does use gloves as a weapon...)
@ Mansta Mansta , if you need any direction/inspiration for texturing/shading, I'd definitely check out Smashified's next character by about August 14th...

Last edited:
Top Bottom