• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Manitoba,north west ontario, and saskatwen smashers

Death_part_0

Smash Rookie
I want to make an offical theard for this area because i am hopeing that some people from this area holds a torney at winnipeg/portage/or bradan and other surrounding areas.

I would make it but i am only 14 so i cant rent a place out for this kind of thing :( so any way if in my small area of winnipeg there are buch of smashers i bet theres alot withen this large area of cannada.

RexMaster

Smash Cadet
Mostly at UofManitoba, Winnipeg, in the smelly UMa
Ahoy- I'm Rex, and I'm trying to organize a large circle of the most talented smashers in winnipeg to try and get regular competition.

Anyone interested, Send me a PM immediately. I'll be distributing smashing times and locations(free, ie: uni campus or people's houses), as well as links to major gaming events, such as BaseLan 12 coming up in november.

~Rex

RexMaster

Smash Cadet
Winnipeg Tourny thread.

---==Our meetings are usually SCIENCE LOUNGE(expected location, if unsure, check into UManime), most days of the week==---

If you'd like to be on a general email/msn list, PM me, and I'll add you in.
Woo!~ Winnipeg

~Rex

Pardon the double post- Edit hates

ultra_nYo

Smash Cadet
As you can see, it is going around that Smash will be SATURDAY Nov 25th. This has been confirmed.

It is *so far* listed in the University Collage Concourse Lounge(around #2 on the map). As a possible secondary location, the Science Lounge, found on the main level of the Armes building (#19 on the map in the link; large room with big glass windows), Much less likely.

http://umanitoba.ca/about/map/

Also, if there is extra time, there may even be a teams tourny afterwords! Woo~!

Further: I won't be in attendance... at all on Saturday, perhaps even Friday.. Sucks to be me. BUT YOU GUYS **** BETTER SHOW! IT'S FOR SICK KIDS, DAMMIT!

Nyo will probably transmit any further updates.

Total mostly-confirmed tournies going on sometime: Tournaments - It's an approximate 8 tournaments ranging with the following games:

Known Games
- Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike
- Tekken 5
- King of Fighters XI
- Halo 2
- Smash Bros. Melee (whoops )
Unknown
- Madden 06
- NHL 06
- Fight Night 3

Proposed timeline: http://scigamers.proboards84.com/index.cgi?board=events&action=display&thread=1164254998

Have fun, everyone!

RexMaster

Smash Cadet
Spar Games Winnipeg Tourny!

POST IF YOU THINK YOU CAN COME! We REALLY appreciate having a bit of an idea how many people may-or-may-not come!

Well, it seems that Spar games (http://www.spargames.com/) is having a big-*** smash tourny on December 30th.

The site says:

"It’s time to duke it out Mushroom Kingdom style. Do you secretly play as Princess Peach when no one is watching? Well, it’s time to put that Royal Slap training to good use because SPAR Games is hosting its first-ever Super Smash Bros. Melee Tournament on December 30.

Choose from over 20 character in one of the best multiplayer games to make it to the Nintendo Gamecube. Whether it be Link, Captain Falcon, Pikachu or Yoshi. You’re bound to find a character with which to conquer the opposition. Say goodbye to 2006 with a smash and sign up today!"
Assuming I'm not in Grand Forks doing a Taiko gig, this looks awesome. I've already contacted them just to let them know what an awesome(potential) turn-out this could be, and that I'm passing the word already.

I figure that if we can hype this here, qcfpunch, and smashboards PLUS ACTUAL ADVERTISING, we can get much, MUCH more people then even BaseLan had. Oh man. I'm pumped.

are you?

EDIT: Hey guys, Actual information!

-Date: Dec 30th
-Time: 3:30pm Registration (or so we expect)
-Tourny Begins: sometime after 4pm

-Entry Fee: 10$ for Super Smash Bros Melee 1v1
-Prize: Minimum 100$, likely MUCH higher, maybe small prizes too.
-Expected turn-out: At least 16, more likely 24 or MUCH higher
-Big names, big skill: Myself(Rex) and Duong(Nyo) running the event, Patrick(Rown)... (more TBA with confirmation. I think we outta expect Aris & co., Wilson & co., pretty much anyone who's been ranked already, and hopefully lots of new people!)

-Other Tournies Headlining: Tekken 5?
-Possibility of having a reduced admission if attending both?
-Huge Cash prize?

-Really Sweet Deals: On-location cheap drinks, snacks, pizza delivered to their door, Sexy surround-sound chairs, and possible FREE PLAY ON THEIR AWESOME CONSOLE AREAS! (we're talking Wii's, xbox 360's, DDR, Guitar hero... the possibilities are endless.)

-Address
151 Scurfield Blvd
Whyteridge Shopping Centre
Winnipeg, MB
R3Y 1L6

-Phone
(204) 774-SPAR (7727)

-Directions
Scurfield Blvd at Kenaston Blvd
Whyteridge Shopping Centre
behind Dairy Queen

LOCATION MAP FOUND HERE:
http://www.spargames.com/?id=8

I encourage everyone to POST POST POST, and maybe we can arrange some carpools or something. More details will come in the next few days.

~Rex

EDIT: Suffering Zarquon you guys, post a little bit. I don't need multiple-post warnings because the scene is so dead :p

ultra_nYo

Smash Cadet
If any of you happen to be in Winnipeg on the day of Feb 10 we will be holding a smash tourney. Its a small event so come if you happen to be town. If you want more info either pm me for it or go to www.ssga.tk

Details are still pending but for sure we know it'll be held at the university of manitoba and it'll be a pot prize with an entry fee of around $3. Not big but just getting the word out.

RexMaster

Smash Cadet
Next Winnipeg Event

The next Major event, now that BaseLan 14 has passed, will likely be Dec. 1st: Fight for the Future, 2. It will be hosted by the ssga (www.ssga.tk), at the Science Lounge in the Armes building at the UofM, in the afternoon. PM me if you would like to be on the mailing list for more information as it approaches

Top Bottom