• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mango's Marth?

AugsEU

Smash Cadet
So in his interview at Pound, Mango said that now he would start using Marth in tournaments. If you missed it:

Well looking at his Marth vs Hax it seemed pretty bad to be honest. By bad, I mean bad for Mango standards. He was missing a few L-cancels and didn't chain grab Hax ON FD! I think that he wants to play the Mango style but sometimes doing the chain grab is simply the correct option. Perhaps Mango will be held back by this?

What do you guys think of Mango's Marth? Is it just jank? We haven't seen it vs the gods so it is hard to say.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Mango's marth is the truth. Don't expect PPMD's marth. Expect a much different style but just as effective.

X WaNtEd X

Smash Lord
If he kept his whacky neutral but switched up his punish game to more confirmed combos, he would be the best Marth imo. But he goes for hard reads too much. Like you'll seem him sometimes do uthrow to dair......wtf

AugsEU

Smash Cadet
That is what I mean! His punish game needs to be better. I feel like Marth's punishes are more black and white in some cases. Like when you grab Fox on FD.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
You'll never see another m2k marth. But you can see better. M2k had holes in his game, adaptation (and the necessary mindset for adaptation) being one of them. But punish game was unmatched.

EnigmaticScarecrow

Smash Cadet
His Marth can obviously get better, he just needs to practice it more. I'm don't know how far back not chaingrabbing will hold him, but hey, at least he has a sick neutral!

Dolla Pills

Smash Ace
Mango's Marth jumps a ton and I wouldn't be surprised if that ends up being a problem against some players. But maybe it's a perfectly effective yet underexplored strategy, idk

ThunderCat

Smash Cadet
Perhaps there are things about that Marth that needs work but you can't deny that Mang0 did some nasty **** to hax that set.

AugsEU

Smash Cadet
Yeah but his Fox would have 3-0ed him. The difference between Hax and a god is massive.

Scurry059

Smash Cadet
Obviously, his Marth needs some improvement. I was expecting a PPMD Marth but Mango has his own style. So I'm not going to criticize him atm. Mango is full of suprises anyway

Last edited:

Sutekh

Smash Apprentice
Mango plays Marth on stream somewhat frequently, but it was clear that he didn't have all of his timings and followups completely internalized yet. Give him a couple months, I think Mango Marth is gonna be sick.

AugsEU

Smash Cadet
No doubt he will be good. But will it be good enough for the gods?

Yeah probably, it's Mango.

Sutekh

Smash Apprentice
No doubt he will be good. But will it be good enough for the gods?

Yeah probably, it's Mango.
People said Puff carried him, and then he pulled out the sickest spacies the world had ever seen. Don't sleep on the kid.

TheRealSkid

Smash Apprentice
There was a set against chillindude where his marth was just plain sick and awesome in all kinds of ways. In pound 6, it didn't seem as much like that and he was fishing for the up b. Still very amazing stuff tho.

Top Bottom