• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Man, life is hard after undergraduate school...

FakeKraid

Smash Apprentice
I just don't know...
I went to a particularly unusual school in my undergraduate years. It seems like a long time since I graduated, but it feels like my whole life has fallen apart since then.

The only reason I am posting such a topic is that I just recently enjoyed a visit from one of my old roommates (who lives much too far away from me for comfort), and seeing him again made me realize just how much I miss ALL of the people I first knew in my undergraduate school. This person in particular I miss much more than I though I could miss anybody (I normally have a very cold temperament), and seeing him again has reopened old wounds. Does anybody else feel this way? I mean, of course, people who have experienced the trauma of separation from old undergraduate school friends. I suppose I just want comfort in the company that misery supposedly loves.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Same here. I plan to move away after college too, so literally all my friends will be cut off. :(

FakeKraid

Smash Apprentice
Wow. That does suck. I mean, I'm at least lucky enough to have gotten back together with one of my friends from before college, and that mitigates matters some. But at the same time it feels almost like a regress. The person who visited me recently is one of the people whom I credit with helping me really grow up, and it feels like I'm stuck back in my childhood again now that I'm home.

SKnickers03

Smash Journeyman
i graduated last fall...i dont really have freind withdrawls...but i do often times think "hmmm...i have a degree...and here i am, on this forum--really??"

Mrs. Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
All my friends moved away when they graduated, but I'm still pretty close to the college I went to. I miss them, but there are new friends in my life now. I did have problems when I first graduated, but it went away.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
I know exactly how you feel.

If you're going to be continueally seeing this friend from now on, you're lucky.

Mugquomp

Smash Ace
Yup. I can see where you're coming from. I haven't graduated from college yet, but I'm doing a semester abroad right now in a different country, and miss all of my friends from back at my own school terribly. Although they're all in different countries as well, so it's not like if I was back at my school I'd be with them. But it's still hard being cut off from good friends.

pockyD

Smash Legend
lol yeah, people still in school don't realize how amazing it is as a social venue

i never minded going off to college or anything because it's a place where it's naturally easy to make new friends

heading off to the working world is completely different though; most people i work with are 10-20 years older at least and a lot of them have kids and stuff; it's just really difficult to find common ground and relate with them, and it's even more difficult to find people around my age to share interests and hobbies with

smashboards is awesome though ;) it's like finding friends online without the embarrassment of truly conceding that you're just trying to find friends online (like posting on craigslist or something)

Top Bottom