• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mal's Brawl Rankings

MalcolmM

Smash Lord
So with opinions on rankings becoming so important in the state of NJ, I decided to create a rankings thread of my own with a group of my peers.

I have selected Lyte for her steadfast dedication to the tournament scene and lack of bias in regards to NJ. Lyte toils for hours digging up data and compiling research for the sake of her arguments. She also accounts for the female minority in our panel.

I have selected L_Cancel because he is a sick troll. His distaste for the entire community and all human beings keeps him without bias. He is very good at expressing himself through faces, although words can be difficult to draw out from him, his opinion is valued none the less. He is a very knowledgeable member of this community

Lastly, I heard the wise words of our final panelist, L+R+A+START. Reset has been vital to the newest part of our system. She helps with the gathering information about our player's Wifi sets and Paypal matches. Considering that the players will be playing for money in the playoffs, we believe that Wifi ladder matches should count towards the rankings. She idles in the AIB chat, seeing the ups and downs of some of NJs top players, and gathering the research needed to make her points.

Without any further ado...I present to you "Mal's NJ Brawl Rankings"

1) Atomsk (Falco/DDD)
2) ADHD (Peach/Diddy)
3) Dapuffster (100%Jiggs)
4) Zucco (Lucario)
5) Inui (Random)
6) Diembrandon (Superknight/Metaknight)
7)MalcolmM (Doesn't matter. He will remain 7th forever)
8) Allied (Snake)
9) Big M (Donkey Kong)
10) Chibo (Wario)

Congratulations to everyone who made it. This season was a tough one and I hope things can run smoother in the future.

Some changes from the traditional rankings:

-Atomsk above ADHD. Atomsk has proven his falco on the AIB ladder and taken sets from many top players. Wyatt is phenomenal and has big wins, but Atomsk has gathered more due to his impressive AIB resume.

-The addition of Dapuffster. Originally left out due to inactivity, Dapuffster has made quite a splash in the scene as of recent. Tearing up the AIB ladder and going 100% Jiggs at Pound 4 puts him leagues ahead of those reliant on high tiers.

-Malcolm at 7th. I have no idea how he ever got anything but 7th. Things were meant to be this way forever.

-Inui/Diembrandon. Inui's use of multiple characters is what sealed the deal. His character repertoire was the edge he needed against Diem's SK/MK combo.

-The addition of Chibo. His wario has been grabbing some very nice spots on wifi tournies and he's a true tournament threat offline. It would have been disrespectful to leave such a player out.

L-R-A-Start

Smash Apprentice
I completely agree with everything in here, ever. Anyone who doesn't has cooties. Yeah, that's right.....I went there......

d(^_^)b

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
I have selected L_Cancel because he is a sick troll. His distaste for the entire community and all human beings keeps him without bias. He is very good at expressing himself through faces, although words can be difficult to draw out from him, his opinion is valued none the less. He is a very knowledgeable member of this community
Wow, Malcolm.... wow.... .____.

you're just so.... silly. :3

Allied

Smash Master
thats what i said!!!

i agree with this list though it makes complete sense too

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
I disagree with Paypal matches counting equal to ladder matches. As we all know there's a lot more on the line during ladder matches. Paypal matches should be at least for $2.57 (My approximation of half of footlong, a 6-inch if you will) and a piece of string if you want them to count anything close to a ranked ladder match.

I also disagree with L_Cancel being a panelist. As we all know L_Cancel is a ridiculous troll, who's been known to pivot grab people out of their homes at night, and I just don't think we can be taken seriously as a Power Ranking if he continues to take part.

If you disagree, I'll hit you with a chair.

Thanks,

~PD

Allied

Smash Master
I disagree with Paypal matches counting equal to ladder matches. As we all know there's a lot more on the line during ladder matches. Paypal matches should be at least for $2.57 (My approximation of half of footlong, a 6-inch if you will) and a piece of string if you want them to count anything close to a ranked ladder match.

I also disagree with L_Cancel being a panelist. As we all know L_Cancel is a ridiculous troll, who's been known to pivot grab people out of their homes at night, and I just don't think we can be taken seriously as a Power Ranking if he continues to take part.

Thanks,

~PD

PUnishment divine sponsored by mortins salt! xD!
yw <3 and hi shadow :3

Also, something actually related to this thread, why is there only one MK on this list?
why not!? xD

L-R-A-Start

Smash Apprentice

Thanks,

~PD
From the immortal words of Malcolm himself, "find a cliff, and jump off it". Troll. :l This is a serious matter! Your silly shenanigans are not welcome here. As the panelist in charge of Paypal matches, I have only one message: eat a ****. There's nothing wrong with the way they are. Thank you very much. :]

MalcolmM

Smash Lord

Thanks,

~PD
We did leave the paypal matches a bit too open to interpretation. After discussion with my panelists we have decided that only matches for $7.25 or more should count for the rankings. We came to that amount by equating each set to an hour of work. Minimum wage is $7.25 so serious sets shall be for no less.

I shall also choose to respectfully disagree on the topic of L_Cancel. He strikes fear into anything good in this world and keeps the players contesting for rank honest. His trolling will be left outside of the rankings.

I do encourage more discussion in making these rankings the best they can possibly be. I am doing this for the community so I need the community's input.

Allied

Smash Master
We did leave the paypal matches a bit too open to interpretation. After discussion with my panelists we have decided that only matches for $7.25 or more should count for the rankings. We came to that amount by equating each set to an hour of work. Minimum wage is $7.25 so serious sets shall be for no less.

I shall also choose to respectfully disagree on the topic of L_Cancel. He strikes fear into anything good in this world and keeps the players contesting for rank honest. His trolling will be left outside of the rankings.

I do encourage more discussion in making these rankings the best they can possibly be. I am doing this for the community so I need the community's input.

yeahhh good stuff malcolm

I was gonna answer but your signature hurt my eyes, so I changed my mind. Now you can just wonder about the answer for the rest of foreverness.
woowwww LRAstart on that disrespect level lol

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
From the immortal words of Malcolm himself, "find a cliff, and jump off it". Troll. :l This is a serious matter! Your silly shenanigans are not welcome here. As the panelist in charge of Paypal matches, I have only one message: eat a ****. There's nothing wrong with the way they are. Thank you very much. :]
That's straight violation

I'm glad you see some things my way Malcolm. Unlike other PR's, this one takes peoples' opinions into account, which obviously makes it the best.

Megavitamins

Smash Champion

LOOOOL

malcolm i love you.

Allied

Smash Master
yeahh cablleeee noooo =(!!!!

talk to malcolm about it maybe you werent added because u were inactive? mah du

Cable

Smash Lord
Yea ikno bro i gotta talk to him my inactiveness ****ed me over but i might get ranked tho cuz i flew all the way to japan and did like $5 paypal matches with a whole bunch of ppl i got this hopefully.

MalcolmM

Smash Lord
Cable is a great player, but the competition was just too strong. He was practicing offline while other players were picking up win after win on the wifi ladder. Look at Allied. He attended Pound 4 and didn't enter anything. He scoped out his competition and then went back to his house and disgraced each one of them on wifi for the rankings. He entered "Late Night Singles" 1 and 3 this season making him active.

Maybe we can do a top 15 ladder to accommodate to those who don't play online. Your Zelda was magnificent this season, but you were simply didn't attend enough online and offline events. I can't have these rankings losing credibility.

Cable

Smash Lord
yeahh cable we gotta chill soon too mah doo can't wait till VC7
Yea def bro its going to be crazy this saturday i cant wait we going to bug out

Cable is a great player, but the competition was just too strong. He was practicing offline while other players were picking up win after win on the wifi ladder. Look at Allied. He attended Pound 4 and didn't enter anything. He scoped out his competition and then went back to his house and disgraced each one of them on wifi for the rankings. He entered "Late Night Singles" 1 and 3 this season making him active.

Maybe we can do a top 15 ladder to accommodate to those who don't play online. Your Zelda was magnificent this season, but you were simply didn't attend enough online and offline events. I can't have these rankings losing credibility.
And i just cnt believe this all my hard work put to waste this state is soo bias somebody tell me how Big M took my spot on the rankings nd wtf who plays DK SERIOUSLY?....i knew i should had made zelda turn into sheik but i just couldn't remember the right buttons o well going to go to bed crying :(

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
dayums malcolm THATS WASSUP LMFAOOOO my ****** malcolm is going in son

also id like to note, that L cancel was heavily and secretly sending me Ebony/Asian pr0n links while we try to have a friendly on wifi when l need the MU Exp, this should hurt L's reputation as a panelist </3.

Allied

Smash Master
dayums Malcolm Thats Wassup Lmfaoooo My ****** Malcolm Is Going In Son

Also Id Like To Note, That L Cancel Was Heavily And Secretly Sending Me Ebony/asian Pr0n Links While We Try To Have A Friendly On Wifi When L Need The Mu Exp, This Should Hurt L's Reputation As A Panelist </3.
Wtf Lololol Wowowwww

Top Bottom