• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Malfunctioning Controllers?

FamiGrafx

Smash Rookie
This isn't PM specific, but I can't find a better suited subforum (please move this if there is one) and PM is the game I play most, so here I am.
I carried four controllers with me in a backpack today, to play Smash with some guys. When I got there, one of them had a permanent hard left tilt on the left stick, but I attributed it to the Wii U GC adapter because I don't usually play with those and the controller had been working fine before. I'm at home trying to play PM now. Not only does that one still have the tilt, but another one now has a constant slight upwards tilt. The other two controllers are fine.
The bag also had a Wii + cables, a Wiimote, and a CD case. That's it. I've carried the same things in the same bag before with no issues.

tl;dr two of my GC controllers have permanent tilts on their left sticks. Is there anything I can do about it, or is there a cause I'm missing that I can avoid in the future?

EDIT: nvm, the connectors were full of crud. The backpack had quite a bit of lint, I guess. Crisis averted, kneejerk panic help thread unnecessary. Delete/lock this.

Last edited:
Top Bottom