• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Making use of the post-patch Fair cancel?

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
If there is one thing Ike is known for, it's being ridiculously punishable compared to the rest of the roster. His hitlag makes him a punching bag whereas trying to punish other characters is a job in itself. Thanks to the patch, Fair now auto-cancels, so you can move a little quicker just like with Nair. But when you land and you didn't connect, what are your general options out of Fair?

XDaDePsak

BRoomer
BRoomer
Block, Dodge, Roll?

EDIT: Throw, walk, attack

Last edited:

EvilShadow777

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1177-8767-4539
Block, Dodge, Roll?

EDIT: Throw, walk, attack
Basically this. The thing about Fair is that while there isn't much start lag and the move knocks hard, it still gives a good window for enemies to hit Ike especially if it's a short hop on stage. You want to be somewhat conservative with this move.

Personally I think the two best ways to use Fair are mixups with shorthop Nairs or Bairs so you land a strong, good reaching fresh hit or for edge guarding. A HUGE portion of my wins come from playing king of the hill around the ledge and landing a solid Fair. All of Ike's other aerials have pretty small amounts of lag and good reach so as long as you read your opponent when you use it Fair is a strong move to use throughout the match.

Twizman

Smash Cadet
NNID
Twizman
I'm interested in this as well I don't think I use F-air enough. I tend to get good results edge-guarding but am unsure how to use it as I get punished when not spaced correctly. Should f-air be used more on shorthop or fullhop? I'm not sure when to execute the move exactly to make it autocancel, as I get a big of endlag when I use it.

Top Bottom