• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Making teleporters in stages

Kati

Smash Lord
I'm wondering if anyone knows how M2k created his teleporters for stages such as mushroom kingdom 64 (warp pipes) and hyrule castle (not sure if he ever released the latter, but he did show a video with a tornado in play).

Many thanks.

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
What? No! Don't talk about it in the Stage Discussion forum!

The place you're looking for is the FAQ's board in the Brawl Workshop. You'll get all the hacking help you'll ever need on that board, and then some. Just, make sure to keep Brawl hacking questions restricted to the Workshop; don't post about hacking anywhere else on the boards.

The FAQ's board is located here, by the way. Happy hacking!

Kati

Smash Lord
yes, I figured that much, which is why I posted on this very board in the first place... follow the link the posted and you will see that that is where I posted...

So would you suggest posting in one of the threads? such as the brawlbox Q&A? you see, I would, but answers are so rare there that I thought I would post in the F.A.Q board. But thus far, I have only been told to post in the F.A.Q. board >.>

Which, I want to make this clear, I think I did.

again, thank you for the help thus far.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
This is the tutorials and help board, and you're asking for help, so I'd say that this is the right place >_> (The Stage Hacking thread would have been equally appropriate)

What he did was make a moving collision that travels from one place to another. It's like how you'd make a regular moving platform in a stage, except it moves so fast that you can't see it move, thus giving the illusion of instant teleportation. You do this by attaching a collision to a bone that's animated.

Kati

Smash Lord
fantastic! do you know of any bone editing tutorials off hand? So far I have only located the Jump 1, 2 and 3 which I think are the teleporting "animated bones" you speak of, but I have yet to ever work with and understand bones.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
You don't edit the bones themselves, you animate the model, and then you attach the collision to a bone so it moves along with the model.

Top Bottom