• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Makeshift 3DS amiibo adapter?

Warr

Smash Cadet
As many know, there is no clear date on the amiibo 3DS adapter, and I am kinda impatient. What I am wondering is simple- is it possible for me to buy a Skylanders or Disney Infinity NFC adapter to use my amiibo, or will it only work with the New 3DS/Adapter?

Thanks

Crazc

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RJB0077
3DS FC
2191-8077-5809
I don't have 200 dollars. I am just honestly seeing if this would work.
If it works it would have already been posted. Neither of the adapters your listed in the OP have the ability to sync up to the 3DS.

Omonito

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3738-0047-0553
I'm pretty sure it wouldn't work regardless, since, even if the portal thing worked, the game doesn't have a way to add amiibo characters to a fight without using the ZR or ZL buttons yet.

Trisongs

Smash Apprentice
I am also against buying a new 3DS. The amiibo pad was said to be released when woolly world comes out. If you were to mess around with a skylanders or Disney infinity pad you would probably have to mess around with the code. It could be possible to see how a New 3ds/Wii u reads amiibo but it would be a pain to access it. As for me I will wait for the official hockey puck to be released.

Last edited:

Omonito

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3738-0047-0553
I am also against buying a new 3
Why? I bought one after my old 3DS get destroyed from the wear this game does, and it's honestly so much better. Everything just feels... Better. Games load quicker, the 3D doesn't suck balls, the downloads are faster... I tried to use my old one and it just felt... Slow... It's hard to explain without just putting the thing in your hands.

Top Bottom