• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make my Dedede better please!

Polar

Smash Rookie
I'm definitely not going to consider myself the best Dedede player, 'cause I'm not even close. But I'm getting into competitive Brawling, maining Dedede, and I saw a few things.

I've only watched the first two videos so far, by the way:

- You use Up B a lot more often than you need to. While it got a few lucky hits, the lag afterward is punishable, and both Sonic and Lucario made that obvious. To me, at least. [video 2 - 1:25 / 1:45]

- Not really a 'problem', but when CGing at low percents, you never followed up with an ftilt or ended with a bthrow (The latter I guess because you just wanted to get them off the ledge, but at low percents I think it's better to try and rack up damage with the stronger bthrow than another dthrow to get them off the ledge [video 2 - 1:16])

- I might be wrong, but there were plenty of times where you did manage to get Lucario off the ledge and forced him to Up B, in which case you could've gimped him and grabbed the ledge. Instead you hopped off the ledge or simply attacked. [video 2 - 2:06 / 3:42]

Try not to take too much of this into consideration, as I am very new to all of such 'terms' and what I'm saying might be completely wrong. You have a very nice Dedede, especially if he's not your main.
What I'm really trying to say is; these videos are great, and I saw what I think are some flaws. Sorry if this is spam, but I'd like to consider it a 'test' and see if I pointed some of them out correctly.

Tyser

Smash Champion
^ Any words of advice are always welcome bro. I dont care if youre a pro or just a guy/gal :-D. Thanks for the tips, Ill consider them.

R1ngo

Smash Journeyman
from watching you play in person and playing against you, i'd say be more aggressive offstage in general other than that your onstage game is reallygood. i'd say throw dtilt in a bit more tho

SuperNofriendo

Smash Rookie
I'd say more ftilt and waddle dees.

Also Once you've thrown them off the stage you could follow up with bairs instead of staying on the field and waiting for them.

Loops

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, sometimes you try to u-tilt too many times and somehow the player just falls into it.
I don't know how experienced blank is or the match up on Sonic but an experienced player would be able to air dodge the u-tilt when i've seen it done twice consistently. I think you play a good D3 as i've only seen the first vid xP, just try to hit the u-tilt at the right moment, and use d-tilt more other wise good D3 :D

Top Bottom