• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make a codec for Mewtwo and Roy!!!

Quillion

Smash Hero
David Hayter contributed to a fan project once, so...

Could there be a way to implement codecs for Mewtwo and Roy (and future characters) actually voiced by David Hayter, Paul Eiding and Christopher Randolph THEMSELVES? (I don't really like Mei Ling's post-Twin Snakes VA so...)

Project M has grown big enough to be a big, professional thing of its own, so I think enough support can be drummed up to call them and do it.

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Yeah he did.

Could there be a way to implement codecs for Mewtwo and Roy (and future characters) actually voiced by David Hayter, Paul Eiding and Christopher Randolph THEMSELVES? (I don't really like Mei Ling's post-Twin Snakes VA so...)

Project M has grown big enough to be a big, professional thing of its own, so I think enough support can be drummed up to call them and do it.
Why? Their voices are fine

Quillion

Smash Hero
Why? Their voices are fine
FYI...

Paul Eiding is the voice of Colonel Campbell. Christopher Randolph is the voice of Otacon. David Hayter is the voice of Solid Snake. They all still play these roles in the Brawl codecs.

Last edited:

F. Blue

Smash Journeyman
Wow, I did not know about this. I think maybe we should fear a C&D from Konami before Nintendo.

Quillion

Smash Hero
Wow, I did not know about this. I think maybe we should fear a C&D from Konami before Nintendo.
At least PMDT would be working with Konami's property in a minor way.

Instead of remaking a very popular game (outside of NA, at least) from the ground up.

Granfalloon

Smash Cadet
What would be great is if we get could get Hayter to say some lines about Roy and Mewtwo and instead of Campbell, Otakon or Mei-Ling Snake could converse with an obscured Deep Throat (played by a disguised member of the PMDT) and either talk about little factoids specific to the characters or PM specific trivia i. e. how Mewtwo was animated in brawlbox and took 700hrs to complete etc.

Last edited:

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Yeah he did.

From what I've read, Mei Ling's VA is actually the same. The assistant producer told her to stop using the heavy Chinese accent because it didn't really make sense, since the character was born in America.

Quillion

Smash Hero
What would be great is if we get could get Hayter to say some lines about Roy and Mewtwo and instead of Campbell, Otakon or Mei-Ling Snake could converse with an obscured Deep Throat (played by a disguised member of the PMDT) and either talk about little factoids specific to the characters or PM specific trivia i. e. how Mewtwo was animated in brawlbox and took 700hrs to complete etc.
That would be against the spirit of Snake's codecs being about the background of the characters and what they face in their home series.

From what I've read, Mei Ling's VA is actually the same. The assistant producer told her to stop using the heavy Chinese accent because it didn't really make sense, since the character was born in America.
She still could've sounded less high-pitched and annoying.

Quillion

Smash Hero
Bump for 3.6.

You also have a completely new announcer. Have you thought about contacting Hayter? (who according to several sources, doesn't like being left out of MGS5)

Top Bottom