• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Major and probally simple PSA saving problem

Giovan Hyuuga

Smash Rookie
I have a working (sort of) PSA I designed. By working, I mean I can play as him. There are several major changes I need to make, though.

Whenever I change anything and resave the file, however, it won't work. The game freezes when I select him. I tried simply opening a working copy and resaving it. It STILL doesn't work.

I know how to do PSA stuff, I'm saving it as the right name and all, but this won't save correctly.
Any idea what my problem is?

Thanks in advance for all your help!

Edit: Here's the file, if that's any help.
http://www.mediafire.com/?2a6ndwpybyv8l7d

Fliptocat

Smash Cadet
If the game freezes when you select him it's probably filesize. Unless you can't open it after you save it, then it's corrupted. Not sure how you'd fix that. Which char are you editing?

Fliptocat

Smash Cadet
What's the filesize in the first place? Removing textures can only do so much...... Which version of PSA are you using?

Giovan Hyuuga

Smash Rookie
My filesize for fitmarth.pac is about 100 kb when resaved, now. My PSA version is 1.3. Is there a newer one?

Edit: Just realized, I have useless .pcs files for all my marth costumes. Should I remove them? I'm using a capeless marth.

Edit2: Here's a picture of my Marth folder:

The total is about 4.5-5 thousand KB.

Edit2 cont: That's odd... After putting my SD card into my wii, my FitMarth.pac file grew by 200 kb. Odd.

Fliptocat

Smash Cadet
Whoa, that's about 200 Kilobytes under the max for Marth. O_o And .pcs files aren't useless, they're used in normal Brawls. And PSAv1.3 can inflate filesize, so use the older version found here
Try saving it with that. If it still freezes, try it without any textures, they can cause the freezing as well.

Giovan Hyuuga

Smash Rookie
Textures can cause freezing here? Remember, the version given on the top post works with textures but can textures cause another version to freeze?

Also, getting new version. I'll just open and resave my current fitmarth.pac...

Giovan Hyuuga

Smash Rookie
The attached file above works. Ignore the stuff to the right of the filename, those were my notes.

Fliptocat

Smash Cadet
Oh crud I forgot about this. Are you saving directly to your SD card? Sometimes that can cause corruption, try saving it on your system then copying it over.

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
it's most likely the version of PSA you're using. from what i've heard, the 1.3 version has a bug where it just randomly adds 80-100 kb for no reason whatsoever. if you want to keep using 1.3, i think doing a Save As can avoid the file inflation problem, but otherwise i'd use a previous version.

yes, the 1.3 is the most up to date one, but it still has a few bugs. the main reason people use it is that it can edit Dedede and the Poke Trainers .pac files (if i remember correctly). so try using a previous version and see if that helps the problem.

Giovan Hyuuga

Smash Rookie
Thanks, I'll try saving it on my computer and copying it. If 1.3 doesn't work I'll use the older one.

Top Bottom