• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event Mainstage (Discussion topic)

Ziodyne 21

Smash Lord
It’s weird how much you really want Sheik to be bad, when he literally beat PGR players with that same Sheik.

MuteAce had a good game, and Void clutched it. Beyond that one game, the implication that MuteAce had a “download” that would have presumable allowed him to reverse 3-0 Void doesn’t have any evidence behind it.

That must be why Void was in the lead nearly the entirety of game 3, in both stocks and percent, right up until Nairo capitalized on a bit of momentum and got a clutch spike.

Void has been able to stay generally toe to toe with top tier characters and PGR players since his last tournament.

Either Void is playing so massively well that he is completely carrying a glorified mid tier into the highest competitive level, or Sheik is actually good. I don’t even play Sheik and it’s obvious which is the correct answer here.

VoiD still has to rely on Pichu a fair amount at this stage at least. Such as vs LeoN at Swtichfest or Prodigy here. Its still way too early to call Sheik high tier.

Yeah Sheik got a fair amount of buffs and is a bit better than Lauch. Unfortunately none of those buffs were getting Arsene.

Last edited:

Vycoul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vycoul
VoiD :ultsheik: 3-2 Salem :ultsnake:

Shame Ultimate is starting so late. The decision to have that "roast" in the middle of the day was utterly stupid and pushed everything so far back.

Last edited:

Minordeth

Smash Ace
VoiD still has to rely on Pichu a fair amount at this stage at least. Such as vs LeoN at Swtichfest or Prodigy here. Its still way too early to call Sheik high tier.

Yeah Sheik got a fair amount of buffs and is a bit better than Lauch. Unfortunately none of those buffs were getting Arsene.
I mean, do you think Wolf isn’t top tier cause Zackray switched off him to ROB and Joker against Leo? Is Joker not top tier cause Leo switched to Chrom when he wasn’t in Japan last? Is ZSS not top tier cause Marss switched off to Megaman against Leo?
Is Palu not top tier cause Nairo switches to whoever?

Pichu has been pulled out when Void has felt pressed, and it hasn’t been consistently to his benefit either.

People switch in this game for a variety of reasons, and using switching as some hard and fast rule about how good a character is, when a variety of other factors play into that switch, becomes a game of cherry picking real quick.

Ziodyne 21

Smash Lord
Marss :ultmegaman:3-2 MKLeo :ultjoker:

Goddamn what a phemonenal set that was!

Last edited:

Ziodyne 21

Smash Lord
It makes me wonder why Nairo went ZSS at all if he apparently has the Fox MU with Palu dowm this well

KirbySquad101

Smash Ace
Kinda fun to see the back-and-forth character choices, but in the end, MKLeo closed it out; VoiD definitely kept up with him, though.

MKLeo :ultjoker::ultlucina: 3-2s VoiD :ultsheik::ultpichu: to eliminate him at an impressive 5th place. In before the YouTube video of this set is flooded with "Sheik needs buffs" comments despite VoiD getting super far at MainStage.

Jeebus, that was a steamroll and a half.

Light :ultfox: once more 3-0s Tea :ultpacman: to eliminate him at 5th place.

Last edited:

Ziodyne 21

Smash Lord
I mean, do you think Wolf isn’t top tier cause Zackray switched off him to ROB and Joker against Leo? Is Joker not top tier cause Leo switched to Chrom when he wasn’t in Japan last? Is ZSS not top tier cause Marss switched off to Megaman against Leo?
Is Palu not top tier cause Nairo switches to whoever?

Pichu has been pulled out when Void has felt pressed, and it hasn’t been consistently to his benefit either.

People switch in this game for a variety of reasons, and using switching as some hard and fast rule about how good a character is, when a variety of other factors play into that switch, becomes a game of cherry picking real quick.

The key diffrence between Shiek and all of those characters you mentioed is that Sheik has yet to get the results to br comsidered top-tier yet.

I am more than willing discuss how good Sheik is if Void or anyone else can win or make top 8 at majors regularly using predominately her.

Nairo is becoming a reverse 3-0 lord as of late.

Last edited:

KirbySquad101

Smash Ace
To shed some light on the Raito-Salem set, Raito couldn't understand/read any of the inputs in Hero's command menu; that definitely explains why he was looking like such a lost pup during the match.

From the sounds of it, he's going to try to be more prepared for when that happens again.

Last edited:

Ziodyne 21

Smash Lord
To shed some light on the Raito-Salem set, Raito couldn't understand/read any of the inputs in Hero's command menu; that definitely explains why he was looking like such a lost pup during the match.

From the sounds of it, he's going to try to be more prepared for when that happens again.
I think he also stated be plans to drop DH and main Banjo&Kazooie from now on.
Well the character seems well suitied for Raito's playstyle. I am sure he can do great things with the other animal duo

Last edited:

Minordeth

Smash Ace
The key diffrence between Shiek and all of those characters you mentioed is that Sheik has yet to get the results to br comsidered top-tier yet.

I am more than willing discuss how good Sheik is if Void or anyone else can win or make top 8 at majors regularly using predominately her.
You are setting a really weirdly high bar for a character that has made top 16, now top 8, at subsequent S tiers.

Void was essentially a tech error away from beating the best player and best Joker in the world with Sheik. When was the last time a wii fit trainer got back to back top 16s at an S tier and beat PGR players on the way? How about a Captain Falcon?

I mean, keep waiting, I guess?

I think Sheik has some drawbacks, but I haven’t seen anyone really accurately a call them out. Instead I see variations on “can’t do damage, can’t kill lol” which is demonstrably untrue.

Ziodyne 21

Smash Lord
Void was essentially a tech error away from beating the best player and best Joker in the world with Sheik. When was the last time a wii fit trainer got back to back top 16s at an S tier and beat PGR players on the way? How about a Captain Falcon?
We have had LeoN doing just that with Bowser countless times and Dabuz doing many as well using Rosalina..and yet no one immedealty claiming she is suddenly ad amazing as she was in Smash 4

Last edited:

Vycoul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vycoul
Wow, Nairo clinches the win 3-1 after MKLeo resets the bracket. That was some immaculate Palutena gameplay.
Good for him, finally getting a big win under his belt. Against MKLeo no less.

Last edited:

Lacrimosa

Smash Lord
It’s weird how much you really want Sheik to be bad, when he literally beat PGR players with that same Sheik.
Uhm, I'm just cautious.
Just how anyone should be when a proclaimed low/mid-tier character gets some results in one tournament. It's just natural, don't you think?

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
We have had LeoN doing just that with Bowser countless times and Dabuz doing many as well using Rosalina..and yet no one immedealty claiming she is suddenly ad amazing as she was in Smash 4
Just pointing out that most people do believe Bowser to be high tier and the best super heavy.

Top Bottom