• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

mains?!?

ferrettboy

Smash Cadet
NNID
ferrettboy
Is it possible to main every character? That is what I plan to attempt. It is starting off okay I got about 10-15 characters down decently. They work for me I win matches online with them. So what do you guys think about maining everybody. Is it doable or not? If you can use everybody then you learn who a character is good/bad against and who can destroy and counter you. Tell me your thoughts.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
If you main every character on the roster, then you don't really have a main. Just a thought I put in.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Last edited:

ChefKef

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hayesey
3DS FC
3368-2641-2915
Still waiting for someone to be a random main and take the community by storm.

WILL YOU BE THE ONE?

CrazyPerson

Smash Journeyman
I am no where near a even a top 50% of the world player... so my opinion probably shouldn't mean much here.

I think by definition it isn't possible....

But that silly minor detail aside.

It depends on what your goal is. If you are trying to be a top tourney player it probably won't work out to well for you. The hours it takes for even a gifted player to get to that level with 1-3 characters is probably insane. Doing that with every character and getting to that top level won't happen.

If the goal is to have fun, understand every character at a bit more than the basic level than maybe.

Savangardius Corsio

Smash Rookie
NNID
Savangardius
Uhh, I don't think so. You know, usually a main means that a specific character is the most suited for a player (be it because the player likes the character itself, or the gameplay it has) and/or is the one the player uses the most. At the end of the day there's going to be a character who is best suited to your play style, so that one is going to offer you a superior performance in a match than the others, making the idea of maining all of them a bit useless. Also you would have to use them all equally, otherwise like I said one or some of them will have more use than the others.

But anyway, if we get to the most direct definition of "main" and it's application, if you DO "main" all of them, like the first response said you're not really maining anyone. xD

I don't know, that is my honest opinion. But I get what you're saying, you want to use them all to a point of being good with all of them, and that, let me tell you is possible, but it's not the same as maining. I want to do something like that, I proposed myself to use most of them a lot to learn, because, well, if you know your opponent, you have an advantage. So yeah, that's what I think about all this. :D

Last edited:

ferrettboy

Smash Cadet
NNID
ferrettboy
Uhh, I don't think so. You know, usually a main means that a specific character is the most suited for a player (be it because the player likes the character itself, or the gameplay it has) and/or is the one the player uses the most. At the end of the day there's going to be a character who is best suited to your play style, so that one is going to offer you a superior performance in a match than the others, making the idea of maining all of them a bit useless. Also you would have to use them all equally, otherwise like I said one or some of them will have more use than the others.

But anyway, if we get to the most direct definition of "main" and it's application, if you DO "main" all of them, like the first response said you're not really maining anyone. xD

I don't know, that is my honest opinion. But I get what you're saying, you want to use them all to a point of being good with all of them, and that, let me tell you is possible, but it's not the same as maining. I want to do something like that, I proposed myself to use most of them a lot to learn, because, well, if you know your opponent, you have an advantage. So yeah, that's what I think about all this. :D
thanks for that good help :4miibrawl:

ferrettboy

Smash Cadet
NNID
ferrettboy
how I do it I look at their move set. Visualize each move. watch a quick guide/match on youtube. Smash so if you guys know of any good battles or guides on youtube send me a link

TheKingWalnut

Smash Apprentice
how I do it I look at their move set. Visualize each move. watch a quick guide/match on youtube. Smash so if you guys know of any good battles or guides on youtube send me a link
I would recommend watching competitive tournaments of top tier players playing as the character you want to play as. As a quick example, let's say you want to learn Diddy Kong. So, you go to youtube and search up "Mew2king diddy kong" or "Jtails diddy kong" or a competitive guide. That's what I did to learn one Diddy Kong and it's worked quite well for me. Just my opinion on it.

ferrettboy

Smash Cadet
NNID
ferrettboy
I would recommend watching competitive tournaments of top tier players playing as the character you want to play as. As a quick example, let's say you want to learn Diddy Kong. So, you go to youtube and search up "Mew2king diddy kong" or "Jtails diddy kong" or a competitive guide. That's what I did to learn one Diddy Kong and it's worked quite well for me. Just my opinion on it.
thanks for the good Idea. My friend watches them so he will know who to watch

JAZZ_

The Armored Artist
NNID
childofgalifrey
Still waiting for someone to be a random main and take the community by storm.

WILL YOU BE THE ONE?
I've been trumpeting the random horn ever since I got here, no storm has taken place.

Will-A-Wisp

Smash Rookie
NNID
Will-A-Wisp
thanks for the good Idea. My friend watches them so he will know who to watch
Best thing to do is stick with ones you feel the most comfy with, this doesn't mean the one you get the most KO's with,

After a while, you will see which characters playstyles you are more in sync with, each character has there own key factors to them.

Raijinken

Smash Master
It's possible but unfeasible. It's definitely good to learn a large variety of characters at at least a basic level, but it's impossible by definition to "main" more than one, and it's not really feasible to maintain comparable high skill with more than 5 or so for most players.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
Good luck, but I think you'll be spreading yourself too thin. It's better to gain matchup knowledge on the rest of the cast with 1-3 characters you feel comfortable with.

There have been players in the past who are proficient with a decent portion of the cast but as far as I know, I have never seen someone truly good with every single character.

Top Bottom