• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Maining help

garchomp4smash

Smash Cadet
Hey all
Fellow smasher here
Im looking to move on from my lucario main in hopes to find some one who better suits me now because of my improvement in skill so if any pros out there see this please tell me what fits best for me using the list i made below

EXTREMELY IMPORTANT
good off stage, when ever i knock some one off i want to be able to knock him around some more in the air while ledge guarding or even do some combos in the air if i want

decent or better recovery, doesn't even need to damage or kill just good recovery

IMPORTANT
Speed, i hate slow people like dk, but does not have to be sonic fast just as fast as lucario or faster

not 100 percent projectile based like mega or duck hunt, i hate sitting in the corner of the map and spaming cans and laser beams

can combo or juggle, I am auctualy a very good combo er even doing some pretty hard ones that pros do

can disrespect, I want to be able to disrespect either it be a spike or even a flashy combo

WOULD LIKE BUT NOT THAT IMPORTANT
1 or 2 good projectile moves

Thank you in advance

udime123

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3497-1825-3744
Well, my personal choice of Mains are R.O.B and the Puff herself, but they aren't too fast, so I guess that's not what you want.

Marth is a good option, since he's fairly easy to learn, aside from tipping which takes practice.

If you want disrespect, look to none other than Mario. Cape a recovering Mac, uppercut like 17 times after a down-throw, and of course, Wall Jump F-air for a flashy spike!

Those are, of course, just some options.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
As a Meta Knight secondary, I think you might want to look into :4metaknight:. He sounds like a suitable character for a lot of what you want, he's fast, can combo and juggle well, is above average off stage. On the other hand, he doesn't have any projectiles, doesn't really have any "disrespect" moves, and is a very hard character to learn how to play properly. I think he's at least worth looking into though.

:4sheik: also happens to sound up your alley, she's fast, combo heavy, excels off stage, has a great projectile but doesn't rely on it, and can disrespect with her down aerial. She also happens to be the top character this game as of right now, so if your looking for a optimal character for competitive play, she's definitely worth checking out.
I'd also recommend looking into :4jigglypuff:,and :4yoshi: if your not interested in the above, both of which are extremely fast in the air, and excel off stage.

I hope I helped.

Last edited:

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
Hey all
Fellow smasher here
Im looking to move on from my lucario main in hopes to find some one who better suits me now because of my improvement in skill so if any pros out there see this please tell me what fits best for me using the list i made below

EXTREMELY IMPORTANT
good off stage, when ever i knock some one off i want to be able to knock him around some more in the air while ledge guarding or even do some combos in the air if i want

decent or better recovery, doesn't even need to damage or kill just good recovery

IMPORTANT
Speed, i hate slow people like dk, but does not have to be sonic fast just as fast as lucario or faster

not 100 percent projectile based like mega or duck hunt, i hate sitting in the corner of the map and spaming cans and laser beams

can combo or juggle, I am auctualy a very good combo er even doing some pretty hard ones that pros do

can disrespect, I want to be able to disrespect either it be a spike or even a flashy combo

WOULD LIKE BUT NOT THAT IMPORTANT
1 or 2 good projectile moves

Thank you in advance
Sheik, Zero Suit Samus, Diddy Kong, or Fox.

I'm not exactly sure about disrespects tho.

EDIT: Also look at this main discussion thread thing

Last edited:
Top Bottom