• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mained Pikachu forever.

VEC

Smash Journeyman
I have been playing pikachu and Luigi for ever. Pikachu was amazing in SSB and he was awful in ssbm, along with lugi. Pikachu deserved to be buffed, his thunder and downsmash are amazing and they should of kept his tail spike and his knockback and power on his down and up smash.

HighTop

Smash Rookie
Hell yeah. I've Pikachu'd since 64 (he had a nice flow in gameplay) and haven't played Melee as much (maybe 2 hours tops throughout my whole freakin' awesome life) and have played a couple hours of Brawl.

I can definitely find rhythm with him in Brawl unlike Melee. (maybe its that whole '2 hours of SSBM' deal)
His horizontal aerial attack thing is a bother, but whatever.

Yes, I'm n00by.

NeoHippie41

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HaikuWarrior
I wouldn't say he was awful in Melee. I still had a lot of success with him, but he was significantly nerfed from 64 to Melee. I love him even more than ever in Brawl though. His buffs are great.

NeptunerAV

Smash Cadet
pika is pretty much guaranteed rapeage in brawl.
along wth lucario.

but he was just absolutely amazing in 64 (go watch some pika combo vids)

<3

Device

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I loved him in Melee, I destroyed people, just ask my cousins (Maining Shiek and the other Samus). I just wish I could have got to some actual tourneys to see how good I stacked up against others. We did for awhile search out good players in the area, found a few, but they fell to Pika like all the others XD

But yes, he got boosted nicely in Smash, and now with this new quick attack thingy, its gonna be interesting!

Oh and I used him in 64 too...just saying XD

Gindler

Smash Champion
Alot of pikachu's attacks were nerfed in brawl. But now they have alot less lag afterword. Especially the annoying thunder, melee you had all the time in the world to punish a pikanoob who spammed thunder all day, now you only have like .5 a second after he uses thunder to attack.

DaFlameking

Smash Cadet
dude. my method of play with pikachu back in melee was perfect. now i cant do it in brawl and its like i gotta learn pikachu from scratch again. =/

nerfed up smash, forward smash and up air
buffed down smash, down b, back air

my method at the beginning or during the match was jump towards the enemy, jolt, they sheild or take damage, grab or downsmash, combo, etc etc. =/

Christova

Smash Cadet
I loved Pikachu in SSB. In melee, I was busy with the slew of new characters so I didn't play him as much, but now he's a main of mine again. :)

Top Bottom