• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Main Rob?Why?

Mr.Robo

Smash Rookie
NNID
carsonjay1
Switch FC
SW-7002-9906-3806
My reason for maining Rob is kind of a personal reason but I still want the public to know about it. Ever since I was a kid I loved video games.I played mostly fighting games and when I found Brawl for the Wii it seemed like a match made in heaven.So,I bought the game unlocked all the characters and then when I saw that you could play as a Robot named R.O.B I immediately only started playing him.The reason for this is that ever since I was born I was super interested in Robots and wanted to be a Robotics engineer just like my Uncle was.

Pixel_

Smash Ace
because i can shoot lasers from all the way across the stage and never get hit

T0MMY

Smash Master
R.O.B. is awesome. That's good enough for me ([^ ^]

However, speaking of Brawl... take it from me based on experience: he shouldn't really be used in competition. Play Meta Knight X^D

R.O.B.

Smash Rookie
The are various reasons why R.O.B. is indeed the superior choice. An important one of those being his Gyro. R.O.B.'s Gyro is a versatile general purpose tool that can be used for a great number of purposes among which are keeping buttons on NES controllers pressed and eliminating undesirable entities such as opponents from one's presence on the stage.

Dr. λ

Banned via Warnings
My reason is that he is the most awesome character. When I first started maining him in SSBB he was the only robot but even though he got competition in the robot department from Megaman (and I use the word competition broadly here) R.O.B. is much more beautiful.

As for his playstyle, I like that he can zone well, space well, and has a safe poke & punish playstyle. And I like that he is not a straightforward character like Cloud or Captain Falcon. His moves are more complex then just simply hitting the opponent. Especially his Gyro which is my favorite move out of all R.O.B.'s moves.

Top Bottom