• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Main Help

Conswizzy

Smash Rookie
I'm reletively new to Smash. I've played on the Wii a few years back but only remember how to button mash. I want to learn a main that isn't too hard to learn, but you'd be able to tell that I play them a lot. I prefer combo fighters. Any suggestions?

yknowlikenia

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 5495 6606 4304
my suggestion is ken or ryu - they're built around playing similarly to a combo fighter (always facing opponents, different button combinations do different moves) so i would look into that duo!

if you want a more conventional character, i actually just suggest mario. not hard to learn, but fun to play and devastating if you play him well.

Conswizzy

Smash Rookie
my suggestion is ken or ryu - they're built around playing similarly to a combo fighter (always facing opponents, different button combinations do different moves) so i would look into that duo!

if you want a more conventional character, i actually just suggest mario. not hard to learn, but fun to play and devastating if you play him well.
Thank you, I will try all the suggestions out. I appreciate it!

Perversion

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 3699 5960 3002
To piggy back on yknowlikenia, as much as you may like comboing. Smash combos essentially different from traditional fighting games. It's more like a flow of moves that go together, rather than a hard solution. As a beginner, I would recommend characters that have an emphasis on fundamentals like Mario, Cloud, Ike, and Pit.

Just my two cents.

Conswizzy

Smash Rookie
To piggy back on yknowlikenia, as much as you may like comboing. Smash combos essentially different from traditional fighting games. It's more like a flow of moves that go together, rather than a hard solution. As a beginner, I would recommend characters that have an emphasis on fundamentals like Mario, Cloud, Ike, and Pit.

Just my two cents.
Thank you also, I'll try those out too!

Orlando BCN

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0933-8407-0408
I would recommend Marth/Lucina; they’re very beginner-friendly characters with long-ranged fast attacks. Their dthrow and uthrow are great for combo starters and kill confirms, respectively. I would say to hold off from Ken and Ryu for now if you’re an absolute beginner, as those characters have multiple variations of their moves and their mobility isn’t as fluid as other beginner characters like Marth and Maro.

Conswizzy

Smash Rookie
I would recommend Marth/Lucina; they’re very beginner-friendly characters with long-ranged fast attacks. Their dthrow and uthrow are great for combo starters and kill confirms, respectively. I would say to hold off from Ken and Ryu for now if you’re an absolute beginner, as those characters have multiple variations of their moves and their mobility isn’t as fluid as other beginner characters like Marth and Maro.
I'll add those to the list to try, thank you!

Top Bottom