• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Main Help

DoomTheOne1995

Smash Rookie
Hey there, I'm a Street Fighter player moving on to Melee since I wasnt enjoying Street Fighter as much recently. Usually in Street Fighter and other fighting games I'd play lower tier characters since the feeling of playing as a low tier was always something I enjoyed so I stuck with that in all games. When I started playing Melee I realized that the difference between the top tier characters and the lower tier characters (or even mid tiers) is much bigger than other fighting games. I tried out all the top tiers but none really interested me for some reason and I dont know who to play as. Any advice for me? I'm loving this game though haha

Xyzz

Smash Champion
If you really dislike all the top tiers, there's little advice that can be given, right? Play whatever interests you the most, and see how far you can take it.
It's kind of hard to imagine that you would dislike all the top tiers though, they're really diverse after all, and they are fun to play to most people because they can do the most things (that's why they're top tiers after all ;) )

DoomTheOne1995

Smash Rookie
If you really dislike all the top tiers, there's little advice that can be given, right? Play whatever interests you the most, and see how far you can take it.
It's kind of hard to imagine that you would dislike all the top tiers though, they're really diverse after all, and they are fun to play to most people because they can do the most things (that's why they're top tiers after all ;) )
I guess you're right. I've just used low tiers for the 6 years I've been competitively gaming seriously so the gaps in this game are new to me. I'll try the top tiers out some more

iAmMatt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mattgw420
If you want a good "low tier" go for ganondorf, he's the highest of the low tiers and has the most potential imo

Top Bottom