• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Main character

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyokushin

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone, first time here!

I've been browsing around here for some time now, and it seems like you guys really know what your talking about. Now, I'm no where as good as most of you gurus, but i can hold my own pretty well. my problem is that i can't find a character that suits me best. Yeah yeah, i know that at lower levels ppl should pick "who they like." However I intend to get better and want to find the fighting style that suits me best.

Well that's all for the intro, now more about me:

First off, while it dosen't really matter, im a black belt in karate, which means that i know how to fight. Well. it makes me very good at fighting games, since iv'e learned to expect certain things, and analyse my oponents very quickly, figuring out strengths and weeknesses. That being said, i seem to be more comfortable with the quick, but hardhitting characters. I don't like fox for soem reason though. I'm also very quikck with my finggures, and like playing mind games with my opponents and waiting for my opening rather then rushing in with relentless brute force. the oponents i usually face,(I.E. my friends are fox, shiek, kirby, ICs, and Roy, in case that helps. I know all the terms, and stuff, and know quite a bit about each character. if you haveany questions, please ask. I will take your suggestions to heart, and let you know how its going.

Thanks for any help.

My own piece of advice: Physical boards are easy to break, its the mental ones we struggle with.

Psi

Smash Cadet
From the little bit you said in there I'd suggest captain falcon. He's fast and hits hard. He also uses actual punches and kicks rather than scifi stuff to attack. That could appeal to a black belt.

Kyokushin

Smash Rookie
Hmm. for the small times that iv'e used him, i felt very wallin, like i ddint have much flexibility with him, he seemed rigid, but im willing to give it a shot.

You said "fromt he little you've said." What elseshould i say in order for you guys to get an accurate description?

plasmawisp6633

Smash Journeyman
I agree with Psi. I don't wanna say that C. Falcon is an easy character, but he's good for beginners. Just learn how to short hop, and L-cancel (so you can take advantage of his awesome aerials) and you'll be on your way to being a black belt in smash. Good luck

Declan

Smash Apprentice
You have to tap the control stick, or X/Y button very softly and your character will jump at half the normal height. This is very powerful as it allows you to more effectively use your air moves on opponents on the ground. Your going to be pleased when you want to use your dreaded lightning knee move.
Also I believe you should give Sheik a try. She is extremely quick and is more about tactics than power. In addition, like C. Falcon she uses real physical combat moves which you might find appealing.

Citrussed

Smash Journeyman
I'm also very quikck with my fingures, and like playing mind games with my opponents and waiting for my opening rather then rushing in with relentless brute force.
Perhaps Zelda then? She requires Mindgames, Paitence and Spacing. Sounds about right. But shes quite slow :/.

Or maybe both, Shiek and Zelda?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Yopu should play "this character" because we know you like playing as "this character" a lot more than the others.

We can't choose for you, play them all and see who you like best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom