• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Magicians come here

Coreypsych

Smash Apprentice
Please, if you're a magician (at any level or degree), private message me a trick (I prefer card tricks), and I'll private message you a trick. And if your one of those magicians who says "A magician never reveals his (or her) secret!" then I understand. If you can't provide either, then can you please post a good web site?

Hiemie

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh pshaw, how about you share common secrets, educate the public, do something interesting. There is potential to be filled here.

Peeze

Smash Master
Does 'Magic' include ventriloquism?
Cause I've always wanted to learn.
Oh here's a real good card trick real scary too.(I'm too lazy to PM)

Take a deck of cardsHold up the deck in your hand with the # side facing you friend.
Show them a 'random' card(its actually the 6 of hearts but act like you don't know)
(The 1st 3 cards you show should be random) Flip thru the 1st 3 cards(and hold them in your other hand and ask them if it's their card. They'll say no. The 4th card should be the 6 of hearts(have the 6 of diamonds behind it) ask them again they'll say yes.
here's the tricky part:
Real fast-like slide the 6 of hearts and the 6 of diamonds into your other hand(with the 1st 3 cards) without them seeing the 6 of diamonds. Take the 6 of diamonds(pretending it's the 6 of hearts)and put it under their palm(their palm should be face down on a table) without them seeing it. Next take the 1st 3 cards and put it between the spaces of their fingers(standing up like legs on a table and place the REAL 6 of hearts on top of the 3 cards face down.
Say some magic words or whatever and flip the 6 of hearts over. And the same 6 they thought was under their palm, is now on top of their hand!
Yeah this is kinda hard to describe in words, if you have question ask.

dr.neo

Smash Champion
A cool trick me and my friend made up is like this. You take a quarter and spin it around in your hand a little bit. Then you get a person to come up to you and you show them the quarter. Your friend walks behind the person to where the person doesnt notice. You put the quarter behind the persons ear and pull it back to show them then you put the quarter behind the persons ear and throw the quarter to your partner. The person cant see it and they will be amazed.

Zink

Smash Champion
I have the best magic trick ever. I saw a guy in my school do this. He took out a quarter, and told the guy next to him to watch it very carefullly. He tossed it in the air with his left hand, and with his right hand he hit the other guy in the face. lol.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Don't do that. If you don't have anything add to an old topic, don't bump it.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
The "Mind Freak" Criss Angel can leviatate at least 5 feet off of the ground and make others levitate as well. It doesn't even seem like it's an illusion at all. Man, he must use way more than 10 percent of his brain or something.

Sandy

Smash Champion
The Criss Angel Levitation Method:

The performer stands facing away from the spectators and a few inches in front of a short wall or chair. The performer appears to levitate up to the top of the chair or short wall. First you need to build your gimmick. The gimmick requires some sort of magnets or other device attached to the shoe to keep the shoes together. You also should use a shoe that is extremely easy to slip a foot out of without touching it. And you need a pair of baggy dark pants and to custom sew a slit down the front of the way that when peeled back, can allow your leg to step though the slit in the pant leg. From behind, this leg should not appear any different than the other, regardless of whether your leg is in or out of it. Attach the bottom of the legging to the shoe so that when you remove your foot from the shoe you can bring it out the front slit of the legging and the shoe will stay in place. When put together correctly the appearance from behind should look like both your legs are side by side and in your shoes. The magician positions himself facing away from the audience from a distance of about 8 to 10 feet. He should be standing a few inches in front of chair or wall or object that he can step up on. Make sure to keep the audience small and grouped close together.

The magician then magnetizes his shoes so that they stick together. Next he distracts his audience with talking and moving of a free arm while the other arm opens up the slit in the leg. While the spectators are distracted the magician then steps his leg out of the shoes and the legging slit and places on an object directly in front of him like a chair or step. Now the magician lifts his body up with the leg that is out of the shoe. From behind it should appear as if his body is lifting up. Because of the gimmick pants and shoes, both legs should look like they are side by side and touching each other. He then can either fall back down and land on the ground or step up onto the object in front of him. Now he needs to distract the audience once more while he places his foot and leg back into the pants and shoe. Criss Angel has done other levitation acts using a different method. One act was levitating from one rooftop to another rooftop.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
^^ This guy is wise beyond his posts. Thanks for the explanation. If the +rep system was up I'd +rep you in a heart beat, but sadly it's not. *sigh*

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
The "Mind Freak" Criss Angel can leviatate at least 5 feet off of the ground and make others levitate as well. It doesn't even seem like it's an illusion at all. Man, he must use way more than 10 percent of his brain or something.
He's such a joke. I saw his "walking on water" stunt and it was laughable because you'll notice no one comes out the water directly in front of him. Also, that 10 percent of your brain thing was disproven. It was misinterpreted if I remember right. I'll have to find the article.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
He's such a joke. I saw his "walking on water" stunt and it was laughable because you'll notice no one comes out the water directly in front of him. Also, that 10 percent of your brain thing was disproven. It was misinterpreted if I remember right. I'll have to find the article.
Do you have a Criss Angel viewing for when he walked on water on youtube or something? He thinks he's Jesus Christ or the "Christ" lizard?

I'm also curious to see the article that you have. Post your information if you can.

Sandy

Smash Champion
Here's the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBQLq2VmZcA

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walking_on_water#Appearances_in_fiction

In the reality show Criss Angel Mindfreak, the title magician performed an illusion in which he walked across the full length of a swimming pool in front of an audience, with spectators actually swimming around and under him (and even between his legs; he also kicked off his shoes midway) during the stunt. However, according to eyewitnesses, he was walking on transparent perspex struts; also no one is seen swimming behind or in front of him, or where he had previously placed his feet.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Thanks Mr. Fly!

Even though it was fake, he still looked tight when he "walked" on water. Sorry Criss but your not Christ.

Top Bottom