• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mac's Ftilt: Kills Earlier when you only get the second hitbox.

jet56

Smash Journeyman
I swear to god i am not pulling anyones leg when i am saying this.

LITTLE MAC'S FTILT KILLS EARLIER WHEN YOU ONLY GET THE SECOND HIT OF THE MOVE.

i tested this on multiple characters, all on FD, and i tested the kill percentages of the second move alone, and the two hit combo together.

On bowser, from the center of FD, the full ftilt will kill at about 161%. the second hitbox alone will kill at 158%. note this was in training mode, so rage is not a factor here, and neither is staling or freshness of a move. Also, you will get a distinguishable red bolt when you do the second move alone at an earlier percent than the 2 hit of ftilt.

I will try to get a vid up as soon as possible, but i thought this needed to get out there now.

How does this help mac? well, it means that spacing an ftilt is much more beneficial than just for spacing, as it also kills earlier. With rage, this could mean you could get a kill as early as 10% earlier than usual.

Test this in the lab. and if you know why this is the case, please let me know.

PHYTO-1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PHYTO-1
not weird at all. his moves have sweetspots at his glove. the first hit of ftilt pops them up and they get the arm hitbox.

other examples of glove sweetspot : fsmash, dair (only meteors at the sweetspot), nair (can be true combo'd if sweetspot)

jet56

Smash Journeyman
i was unaware that the glove of ftilt had a sweetspot for knockback. i knew about the Fsmash and other sourspots, but not the ftilt. still, if even i, a long standing mac main, was unaware of this, it's still worth mentioning.

Zoramine Fae

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-8088-7214
Did a short amount of fun with a friend and figured something out: Hitting both hits causes a sandbag to be launched higher, while the 2nd hitbox solo causes it to be launched lower. That might be the case.

Top Bottom