• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MAC Address Spoofing (?)

jbozz1217

Smash Apprentice
I am at college and my the internet here does "not support" video game systems, but I know there is a way to get them to work.

I have the Nintendo LAN Adapter made for the Wii, and I have the ethernet cable that comes with it. I'd tried using it and it didn't work. Then I tried changing the MAC Address of my computer to the same MAC Address as my Wii, which I did do. Then I registered my laptop (with the Wii's MAC Address) to use the school's internet. This works and I am able to go online with my laptop.

However... I then unplug the laptop and plug the wii in... and I've got nothing. It's specifically Error Code 52221, which is the one that means that I'm not allowed on/there's a firewall, etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Top Bottom