• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mabye maining Sonic...

ScytheReaper

Smash Rookie
So from what Ive read hes good but definetly not top teir. Does this mean in high levels of competition like bug tournaments, Sonic has a disadvantage just beause hes not made as well as other characters?

I like using him and hes fun and im getting good, but I dont want to pour my time into a main that could end up being beaten because hes just not as strong a character

thanks

Shoop70

Smash Apprentice
his major disadvantage against other characters is definitely his lack of priority, but its still definitely too early to be making assumptions about tiers and tournaments etc etc...everyone here is still working hard to figure out all kinds of tactics for Sonic, so stick with him for now I'd say :)

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
For the time being, he's definitely tournament material. In fact, I just used him in a tournament and confused the crap out of the competition. Everyone there thought Sonic was bad and underestimated me in battle. Before the semi-finals, my next opponent was cheering me on because he wanted to fight my Sonic over my opponent's Marth. My Sonic ended up getting second place in the tournament, but the person that got first had faced me on several occasions already and saw through it.

In the long run, I think seeing Sonic getting in the top 5 of a tournament will be quite rare unless new strategies are discovered. For right now though, ENJOY THE CRAP OUT IT! Sonic is the fastest thing alive and extremely fun in the tournament scene right now.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Based on a lot of vids, its pretty clear Sonic has tons of potential
Again, id say his two main drawbacks are his lack of priority and his lack of knockback attacks. Your too often forced to fs and bair opponets, which is 1) seen a mile away unless u close the gap with his speed (omgz, obvious) or 2) lacks priority.. and u get popped too, lol

But a pro with sonic can be just as good as any other character

Top Bottom