• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luma Teeter Boost

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Unsure if this is new or not, but I haven't seen other Rosalinas use it nor could I find anything searching the forum, so here goes:

When Rosalina turns around, Luma quickly moves in the direction she turns to face. When Rosalina teeters on the ledge, Luma floats behind her. When she turns around in this state, Luma still moves away from her, which can be used to cover an absurd horizontal distance with Luma's attacks (a little over 1/3 the distance of FD with dash attack and perfect pivot fsmash):

Though you can only boost Luma toward center stage with this trick on a stage like FD, platforms could be used to send Luma offstage to edgeguard high recoveries with fsmash, dair, etc. Or they could be used to send Luma inwards at differing locations and elevations, of course.

Last edited:

KyroChao

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kyro_Keatonlabs
I'm certainly going to be keeping this in mind. I dont see myself using it a ton on FD stages, but i can certainly see many potential uses on stages like Smashville and delfino plaza.

JaggedToaster

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3566-1736-1557
I'll be sure to practice this! This is actually really interesting. I love how mobile Luma is in this game.

Creede

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Creede73
This, as well as everything else RosaLuma has to offer, makes me want to pick her up as a secondary or even a new main. She's just far too hated on,

JaggedToaster

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3566-1736-1557
This, as well as everything else RosaLuma has to offer, makes me want to pick her up as a secondary or even a new main. She's just far too hated on,
Forget the haters. She's a great character with so much potential.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
This is the kind of creativity I want to see more often from Rosalina players. If people kept coming up with new strategies, specifically those involving Luma being far away, Rosalina could easily become the best character in the game.

Top Bottom