• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luma, Destroyer of Worlds

Who's more important between Rosalina and Luma

• Total voters

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Lol, stuff like that is always fun to do.

But Rosalina is still the important one. Note how Rosalina also had to execute her Up Smash there. That could not have worked if Rosalina couldn't perform her own Up Smash.

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
i am pretty sure if rosalina didn't have luma it'd be a trash tier character. of course she's balanced that way. she's able to play defensive enough in order to wait for luma, but if she didnt have luma to wait for im not sure why you wouldn't just play zelda or something.

she'd also be infinitely less fun to play as. 99% of my enjoyment with this character is pulling off cool **** using luma, plain and simple.

the other 1% is her weird ass uair/dair hitboxes, i get a lot of satisfaction out of landing those sweetspots. she's like a vertical version of marth.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I still find SoRo much more fun to play than Zelda.

Zelda is my least favourite character to play as in Smash.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Mega Man feels like my worst character to play as. At least Rosalina has been working well for me, though the Luma can sometimes be tricky to keep safe.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
What I find incredible is that, even while Rosalina is being hit or grabbed, if she inputs attacks, Luma attacks, basically making her really hard to combo.

Also the level 9 CPU knows how to get Luma back to the stage when its falling.

Last edited:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
How is getting Luma back to the stage achieved?

I would ASSUME it has to do with using her tilt attacks...but hell, the level 9 CPU is so broke, it could be using fuggin taunts.

It'd be hard to do without a friend, I'd assume, since you'd have to willingly let Luma get sent off.

The level 9 CPU did it in like...I would say 5 seconds. So not practical for high-speed battles in Omega, but hey, if she's far away she might be able to do it.

Dapplegonger

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetX-tremist
3DS FC
5129-1289-1208
Luma is great, but it seems like more of a supplement to Rosalina. Luma isn't necessary like nana was to ice climbers. It would take a lot more work, but Rosalina can still hold her own when alone. That being said, Luma is necessary to be a top tier character, but I don't think solo Rosalina would be garbage tier. Maybe low tier, possibly mid tier. Her playstyle would just have to be a lot different, probably a lot like Jigglypuff now that I think about it. Lightweight, always running around, poking in hits when possible, can apply good pressure when used properly, amazing aerials.

Meta_Ridley

Smash Journeyman
What I find incredible is that, even while Rosalina is being hit or grabbed, if she inputs attacks, Luma attacks, basically making her really hard to combo.

Also the level 9 CPU knows how to get Luma back to the stage when its falling.
There are two different kinds of falling.

Luma can be knocked back by an attack and put in a helpless state, or Rosalina can position Luma over the edge. The first cannot be stopped, even by CPUs. I just tested it.

In the second case, Luma gets three jumps to make it back on stage, after which it will start falling. Activating Rosalina's B move will cause Luma to try to fly back to her.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
There are two different kinds of falling.

Luma can be knocked back by an attack and put in a helpless state, or Rosalina can position Luma over the edge. The first cannot be stopped, even by CPUs. I just tested it.

In the second case, Luma gets three jumps to make it back on stage, after which it will start falling. Activating Rosalina's B move will cause Luma to try to fly back to her.
It's the second one, but they attack up and up and up and then b to get her back. So cool.

Shiliski

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4570-7099-6924
It's the second one, but they attack up and up and up and then b to get her back. So cool.
A lot of RosaLuma's attacks cause Luma to travel a bit. There are ways to make Luma go up, down, and to the sides through attacks alone. That's probably what happened.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
A lot of RosaLuma's attacks cause Luma to travel a bit. There are ways to make Luma go up, down, and to the sides through attacks alone. That's probably what happened.
Mhmm.

Still cool, cuz IDK how to use Rosalina. o3o

Top Bottom