• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi's Stage Management

RAM

Smash Lord
Hey everyone! I have no insight capabilities period so I would'nt know what stage to use for an advantage incase I find myself losing the first match in a tourny? and I wanted to know for both Singles and Doubles what would be a stage Luigi could use for his Advantage to counter pick my Opponent or Opponents? EX: Yoshi's Islande or what not. ( I know for Falco and Samus FD defenitely would not be in my favor in singles competition but in doubles my Opponents might end up hitting each other by mistake. (well I don't see Falco SHLing with his partner still playing) and Platforms are a big no no against Marth. so for these three what stage would you choose to battle these three annoying ppl for a lil Edge, also what stages would you stay away from? and from which Characters

also for doubles my partner uses a Sheik) just for a lil more description :) thanks for taking the time for reading my question. :)

nublet06

Smash Lord
with all of my playing of luigi the last year i havent really noticed any strengths. the only thing u can really do is pick a level that is bad for who you are fighting.

i like fd for close combat fighters or swordsmen........and lots of platforms for projectile spammers.

for some reason i think i do better against falco on fd. easier to chain grab.....and up tilt to chop combos with an easy bair edge gaurd. thats just me tho.

RAM

Smash Lord
not a bad anwser thou, Good stuff, I never really tought about using FD for close range Fighters. by chance do you play any experienced Peaches? cause she's a thorn in my side with that recovery and Dsmashing.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Any stage with platforms is good as long as you're not playing Marth.

nublet06

Smash Lord
yeah i would say platforms are good for peaches.

another good thing to look for is how easy people die on a level. against players like peach samus and zelda......you will want a level with small ends so you can knock themout easier. heck....on onet you can tilt them off the end.

if you play against fast fallers with crap recovery....you want the opposite. if you pick larger levels that are harder to get ko'd on u can usually out last any fox (unless shine crazy), falco, or captain falcon. a larger on the top would work nice because luigi is pretty floaty and can die up top semi easy.....but bugger levels on the side are even better due to luigi and his side b+tornado.

on levels like fd which has pretty big sides you can get luck with missfires.....or just side b a few times....tornado over and then jump to up b to bug your opponent for a little longer.

RAM

Smash Lord
Awesome Replies fellas :) . this is just the right info I need before heading to Insomnia.. one final question, would FoD be an excellent all around stage especially against Peach and Samus my two worst match ups if all else fail I would have to switch to my secondary Doc. thanks again

nublet06

Smash Lord
Fod is ok but i say onnet is the best matchup for these characters. the biggest problem with samus and peach is that they live for way too long. on onett you can kill them at 0 percent practically. this evens things out a little.

plus peach can be a pretty annoying edge gaurder with turnips and down smashing your up b (usually stage spikes you) and on onett....there are no ledges to edge gaurd.

onnet is you best bet for peach samus and zelda. good luck.

nublet06

Smash Lord
i actually just found an ever=n better level for luigi vs peach and samus.

Toshis island. on this stage you can jump up and hit these guys with a sex kick at 60 percent and they will die. from the ground the easily die at 100 percent with the sex kick......or a little lower with an up smash.

onnet is a little nice for samus too...her sex kick and fprward smash kill you a lot easier on onnet than on yoshis island. so yoshis island is the way to go against peach and samus. just remmeber to hit with the start of a sex kick once they get to mid and higher percenteges.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
It's true, Yoshi's Island neutralizes Samus/Peach's near infinite horizontal recovery. I just don't like the stage because I play against people who use Marth/Captain Falcon. >_<

Volasko

Smash Ace
Id say dreamland 64 is good for luigi too against Marth. The ledges are high enough that only properly spaced up-tilts(nearly right under u) and up-smashes get through. Plus it has a really high ceiling which is nice for the lightness of luigi. I think it would be a good pick against falco too as the ledges would help u escape the SHL.

RAM

Smash Lord
nublet06 said:
i actually just found an ever=n better level for luigi vs peach and samus.

Toshis island. on this stage you can jump up and hit these guys with a sex kick at 60 percent and they will die. from the ground the easily die at 100 percent with the sex kick......or a little lower with an up smash.

onnet is a little nice for samus too...her sex kick and fprward smash kill you a lot easier on onnet than on yoshis island. so yoshis island is the way to go against peach and samus. just remmeber to hit with the start of a sex kick once they get to mid and higher percenteges.
*Quivers at what I just heard* I never would have dreamed thisI'm using Stage Knowledge to make up for any gap in skill against my opponent and before the tourny I'm Making a guide of all the melee characters and for Tourny Competition Only (even Pichu) with each char pros cons on stages and which one would be best to play them and what not and this is by far thegreatest info that I could use, this is going in the Peach and Samus section, even if the stage is voted out I have the 2nd and 3rd best stages for an advantage against every char, This is gonna be good I better make an update and complete this thing before next Monday. NUBLET MY GOOD MAN! YOU ARE AWESOME!

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
yoshi island (pipes) is banned but....

against falco and samus u can always use corneria and stay in the jets at the back it is to small an area (mostly) for them to spam or even use them. also luigi can get good *** gay kills off the right side of the level with fair bair bthrow fsmash ...... u know what pretty much just pick a move lol.... uair ftilt fthrow well i think tahts it lol w/e

also mk2 is the best vs peach luigi but it is banned now also too bad for u luigis BWAHAHAHAHA yay peach and space animals ftw

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
Luigi loves platforms in general. And I may have said this before, but although Final Destination is a good stage for Luigi, it's a better stage for the more heavily played characters so there's always a small disadvantage.

Gea

Smash Master
Always take a Falcon to FoD if you can. Most of them strike it but if by chance... you can pretty much mess up a Falcon easy.

Peach... Corneria is an iffy pick. Why? Well... she can camp the right side with dsmash if she really wants to... and while this isn't fail-safe, its still very dangerous for you as a Luigi, especially if it makes you have to recover.

Also Luigi does pretty well on DK 64. Anyone who can't sweetspot well, take them there. Luigi is pretty good at stalling to get the barrel.

Professor X

Smash Apprentice
This thread is gold.

I was hoping to hear people's opinions on a few more counterpick stages: Peach's Castle, Rainbow Cruise, Jungle Japes, Green Greens, Brinstar, and Mute City.

The only one I think I've seen Luigi play in a video was Green Greens.

Jekyll

Smash Ace
In the event that a space animal counterpicks Green Greens, kindly forfeit the match.

It's not that you can't win...But it's far from "fun".

El HP

Smash Ace
For peach and samus choose levels with low ceiling nair, downsmash and upsmash are very efective for KOing.

For Falco stages like yoshi island and battlefield are good choices easy kills plus he cant spam his laser as much, against math I recommend big stages like dreamland, DK 64 with proper DI marth has a hard time killing his opponents hope this serves.

Top Bottom