• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi's Platform Cancel

Obsoleet

Smash Rookie
Every luigi player has probably experienced this at some point, but I have been trying to get more information on Luigi's air jump from below a platform from a certain distance to where he lands directly onto the platform instead of going above it. Sorry for the misleading title, but I couldn't think of a better term, I considered it more of cancel of his air jump back up to the platform. It only seems to work when you jump from the platform you plan on jumping back on to. I don't know the frames, but the best way I can describe the scenario is to go to a map with platforms like BF and fall from one of the platforms. Just about a little less than 1/2 way down, use your air jump to go back up. Instead of going the full length, Luigi should be standing on the platform. In that time back up, can use any of Luigi's array of attacked (that can be Lcancelled) as well as a fast time waveland to the platform above. Although, with some moves, it seems like they require a bit more precise timing for the platform cancel. I was just wondering if there was any more information about this out there or if this could be incorporated into the meta game bit. If there was a post about it previously, the apologies a head of time, I recently joined the melee community and has turned out to be quite the experience.

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
No impact land?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMxgGtMLEfw#t=0m24s

and the aerial interrupt?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAUe49pwudg

The only use I can think of for the no impact land is like, if they are shielding above you on the Dreamland side platforms you can sh to fake an attack, then fastfall a bit and double jump and you'll no impact land, letting you grab them or something.

That's the only semi-convenient no impact land height I know of for Luigi. Doing it by dropping through the platform doesn't. that useful because you don't accomplish anything by dropping through and then landing back on immediately...

If you have other ideas go ahead and try them or share them, but it is a known phenomenon; it's just been relegated to a curiosity rather than a useful technique because of how extremely situational it is.

Obsoleet

Smash Rookie
Ohh ok, cool thanks. I've just never seen any information about this stuff before. Thanks for clearing all that up.

Abate

Smash Journeyman
You can actually do a no impact land from an air move. You can fall through the platform, double jump at the right time, do a nair/bair , and instantly land on the platform. (I think you can L cancel the move too)

Top Bottom