• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi's New Voice

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
I don't know if anyone noticed this, but Luigi no longer sounds like a higher-pitched Mario. No, now Luigi speaks using his current voice; slightly deeper, yet perfect for someone like Luigi! :laugh:

I just want to say I'm glad they used this voice instead of using the voice from the last too games. It makes Luigi seem more like... well, Luigi! :chuckle:

Sontrowa

Smash Rookie
In melee him and Mario had most of the exact same voice clips! I'm so glad he has his own current set now.

maxieman

Smash Ace
It always bugged me that luigi had that high-pitch mario voice in melee, It was maddening after a while! so glad he has a new voice!

MilesPrower

Smash Journeyman
In melee him and Mario had most of the exact same voice clips! I'm so glad he has his own current set now.
In NSMB, he and Mario WERE the same except for "Let's go Weegee!"

Now he sounds like he should, like he does in Galaxy. Oh, and I'm not sure if it was like this in Melee, but his aerials go with his momentum now. :)

In a way, I'm glad there aren't any more characters in Brawl, cuz I already have 6 "main"s! XD

I do wish that that ROB and Wolf could've been replaced with Ridley and someone else.. Just to satisfy people. And where's that third 3rd party character? Oh well.

Luigi's enough for me along with Sonic and the others I like.

True Sonic

Smash Cadet
I love luigi's new model and voice, suits him a lot better. His victory pose rocks too.

spindash

Smash Ace
Yes~ I'm so glad that they got Charles Martinet to provide some new voice work for Mario, Luigi, Wario, and Waluigi (the Assist Trophy).

The game feels complete, and Luigi truly feels like Luigi now.

S2

Smash Lord
I'm fairly certain that at some point in the GC gen, Martinet (VO for Mario/Luigi/Wario/Waluigi) changed Luigi's voice a little bit. He's lower than he used to be, as in he's lower than Mario now. Mario remains unchanged.

This would be on purpose, not due to a lack of consistency.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Heck yeah Im happy, Ive been wanting this since Brawl was announced! Luigi's voice and flamboyance was too much in Melee, it just wasnt Luigi. While he kept some of that flamboyance, his voice and personality better suits the main Mario games' version of Luigi. Im glad they finally picked that voice made standard in Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga...

FireJumpPunch

Smash Apprentice
I was always bothered by the fact that Luigi's voice was merely Mario's voice sped up, instead of his real, lower voice. That and his model. In Melee, his face was basically exactly the same as Mario's save for the 'stache and the goofy expression. I'm glad that they fixed all those things now. And his stage entry's the best. :p

Top Bottom