• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi's Mansion

lonelytraveler8

Smash Journeyman
Luigi's Mansion and Meta Knight. Discuss.

My friend plays Falco, and it's usually a decent fight, but I have not lost a single fight until we played this level. I lost three times in a row (once was a double-fluke) and then finally managed to win the fourth with my last stock at ~170% damage.

Some projectiles, like Lucas and Ness get killed in this level by the low ceilings and pillars. But Falcos (and probably Wolf's) are even better than normal, because jumping over them is difficult.

But the really problem comes from how much it hurts MK. If the opponent stays on the bottom floor, Meta's Aerial's suck. If you downsmash and your first attack hits a pillar, there's major lag for your opponent to hit in.

I have only two major tips:

1) Destroy almost the whole mansion. Leave one bottom piece alive for as long as possible. This way, it won't fully resurrect, but you'll still have enough open space to fight.

2) The tornado is unbelievable in the very bottom floor. Your opponent will get hit like crazy while bouncing off the ceiling and floor. When it's over, they'll be stunned on the floor for a second while you punish them.

xS A M U R A Ix

Smash Ace
I actually like luigi's mansion for MK. Well maybe I just love that map and the tetris remix, but still, something about that level is fun. I see what you're saying about the aerial approach on the lower floors, but you can turtle up top too, or destroy the roof so you have some sky to work with and let them come to you. Also to avoid projectile spam, standing behind a pillar will make the pillar eat the hits for you and save you from getting shot.

Personally I have trouble on skyworld as metaknight. The platforms make it hard to approach from the air, and someone like wolf can just stand at the bottom under a platform and spam projectiles. It's really hard to approach as metaknight without taking some risks in that situation.

lonelytraveler8

Smash Journeyman
I suppose you could turtle, but where's the fun in that! In the process of getting my wings handed to me against my friend, I learned a lot on how to counter some of his best maneuvers. So if nothing else, I learned what kind of situations suck for MK most and how to play against Falco better.

Nickieroonie

Smash Cadet
@Samurai - I love fighting in Skyworld with Meta! It's really easy to tornado around the platforms and edgeguard/do aerial attacks. You can also destroy platforms in your spare time, since it's easier for MK to maneuver without them compared to heavier characters. Shrug, I find it really advantageous.

lonelytraveler8

Smash Journeyman
I find it to Meta Knight's advantage, too. I usually swat people like flies in that levels. The platforms tend to go down quickly in the cross fire, so I don't have much to break during my free time. Free time... MK has that?

D

Deleted member

well on luigis mansion when im on say the bottom floor i just use shuttle loop since it hits through the floor and still pretty well too =0

when im on the mid/top i usually just lead them away from the bottom so i can be lazy and hang there for a bit.i like to sandbag on this level haha!i dont lose or anything i just get lazy!

also when im not lazy platform dairs work quite well when coming from above.on this stage i usually never approach from the same floor anyway hahaha.

perezo

Smash Cadet
When i play as mk on skyworld, i always duck through the clouds! I try to avoid that level as much as possible, but ill try the tornado.

Top Bottom