• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi's Library || Hippie hates his name in titles. And kittens, too!

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Luigi's Library

Deep in the heart of Luigi's Mansion lies a library. A library chok full of seemingly useful information. Among dirty magazines and romance novels lies a book. Nay, a thread. A thread written by two young smashers that go by the names of Straked and Hippie.

Still a work in progress, the final version of this novel will be filled with general Luigi strategy, and all the things that go along with that.

Chapter 1; The Basics

So you're playing as Luigi in this game we call Smash Brothers. He's a decent character, fairly well-rounded, but with some noticeable weaknesses. Range, for one. If you can't learn to get around Luigi's lack of range, then I suggest you quit right now and pick someone different. You will have some difficulty against very ranged characters like Marth, Game and Watch, or Meta Knight. These are not impossible matchups, but they will give you trouble.

Mindgames play a key role in getting past this first weakness. Once you get matchup experience, it becomes so much easier. You learn to beat their spacing, and effectively punish any mistakes. Be sure you're mixing up your game. That's one of the first steps to trick them into losing a stock via FJP or Fsmash.

On a mindgame related note, fireballs. Fireballs can create a wall some characters have to break through to win. They destroy any aerial approach that can't beat the fireball itself. A good example is Marth. He can powershield any grounded fireballs and Fair through ones in the air. He beats this wall. Anyone with an aerial that can't beat your projectile has one of a few options. Counter-camp, airdodge, or back off. If they airdodge, you punish. They lose in this situation. When they retreat or camp, it's neutral. A stalemate. Good job. If you're going to play aggresive, follow up your fireballs. Toss one out, it'll put pressure on them. Even if it doesn't hit, it's still great for you. After a fireball, you can then approach. Jab, grab, or maybe Ftilt after you rush them.

Chapter Review
  • Luigi is decent. He's not great by any stretch of the imagination. Just... good.
  • Mindgames. Trick your opponent into making a mistake. Punish with any kill move or damage racker you have.
  • Fireballs; use them. They're slow, low priority, and have little range. But they're the only projectile you have. Follow up with another move to put as much pressure as possible on them.

-moretocome-​

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
*Reserved*

hippie will do work whenever he feels not lazy. for now he will waste his life on anime/fapping kk.

*To do list *

shoryuken, killing, and recovering.

if anyone want me to do any other things, i'll do my best depending how much free time i get.

godamit i have to make some bull**** life novel story roflmao XD.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
A strategy guide of sorts. We're adding a bunch of tidbits, strategies. Things like playing off the ledge, edgeguarding, the best way to recover, and matchups.

So... yeah, new strategy guide.

Top Bottom