• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi Wavedash Moon walk

AkashSky

Smash Apprentice
Sometimes I see good luigi players wavedash while dashing forward creating a moon walk like motion.

Whenever I try this i can never seem to get the dash out. How do they do this exactly?

TobiasXK

Smash Ace
it's just a timing/rhythm thing. you perfect wavedash back, wait for the 10 frames of LandFallSpecial to be over so you're actionable, then dash (and hold) forward.

you can also do actual moonwalks off of perfect wavedashes, by doing the same thing except with the dash->moonwalk swoop motion instead of just holding forward to stall your momentum.

Madcowdesease

Smash Cadet
Yeah what tobais said, and they are super good for getting aerial drift towards opponent bairs against characters like peach if you are looking for practical applications.

Top Bottom