• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi vs Toon Link-Need Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luju

Smash Rookie
So i was in a tournament today, and i played against a toon link.
He spammed a lot of projectiles and camped a lot, mostly with bombs. He used the double arrows a lot and it was very difficult to get up close.
I'm just not sure what to do when the toon link is good up close too.

Whenever i was close, he would do a zair, followed by a nair or dash attack. If i airdodged the zair, he would still hit me with the next attack.

I would bait the zair and retreat, then move in with a cyclone, but he would drift back and quickdraw, stopping my approach.

Instead of cyclone, i would try to do a RAR bair, but he would shieldgrab me when i tried. If i tried to move past his shield to pressure him from behind, he would do a jumpcanceled up smash or dodge/run and proceed to projectile spam again.

He was just able to block everything i tried.

It's hard to describe, but if anyone knows what i'm talking about, help would be appreciated.

NRD4toonlink

Smash Cadet
Spam them links to other topics hippie dude but in other words

dont try toon link form the air if it camps with teh hand bombs that mimick that of snake's. but in other words if you play dat dude its best to counterpick a stage with a a single plat form and control that plat form like smashville toon link can only but play king of the kill with you in this case platform

SkygodHorus

Smash Rookie
wait for him to try to grab u. when it misses run up and shoryuken. just keep harasing him with nairs and dairs as well as ur own grabs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom