• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

luigi vs roy a little trouble

seshun

Smash Apprentice
heyy ive been facing my friends roy and i give him props because he is getting much better. I'm not saying i lose to him but somtimes i have some technical problems facing roy. sometimes when i wavedash foward i just get stabed to death. Then i wavedash then sheild towards him. I either get grabbed or when he attacks luigi slides back. then i try to wavedash out of the shield then i get slashed. The air is even worse. when im in the air i just get punished trying to get bakk down. my friends main strategy is retreating bakwards from me while constantly wavedashing and spacing attacks. What do i do to have an easier time. I either lose rarley or 2-3 stock win.

nublet06

Smash Lord
hmmm. not sure what to say. when you wavedash in your shield and he grabs you.....side step and then attack him.

grabs destroy roy. up throw and chop him over and over. then use f tilts near the edge to get him off. luigi is like the fox of low tiers in that he can usually out maneuver everyone and spam a tactic over and over. for fox its up throw up air.....for luigi its up throw (or down throw for floaties) to chop.

besides that....tornado is a nice approach to get to him if he keeps slashing your wavedashes. the tornado will cancel it out and then you can attack him. oh yeah and i wouldnt approach roy in the air at all. he will hit you every time.

if he is spacing you use luigis f tilt. it has similar range to roy's attacks and it will even things out a little for you.

down smash, up tilt, up smash, throws combo great on roy. just get him...and dont let him get away.

pockyD

Smash Legend
wd->jab->dsmash or grab is nice if he's using fsmash/tilt against your approach

if he's using dtilt, downb is pretty good, as is just sh dair

seshun

Smash Apprentice
aiight thanx for the tips. I knew basically all of the things uv'e stated i just like to own at least three stock so i wanted maybe juss a few things to get on top of roy's game and basically those are all the things to defeat roy

RPK

Smash Lord
Im no luigi expert. Hell I just wandered in here. . . Hi :3 but anyways though dont you have fireballs? Why dont you just use those against him. If his strategy is to back off from you, pelt him with fireballs till he comes at you. Or you can throw a fireball and follow it up with a quick attack. But dont have to listen to me...I dont even play Luigi >.>

seshun

Smash Apprentice
i usually do that and it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't because of its lag but when it does hit i usually follow up with a wavesmash. thnx anyways

Micheloxx

Smash Ace
do something, u can grab him from bakck easly. When u WD foward, and he slash u, try to dodge or shield wrollowt at his back, then u can do some diferent things like smash him, or grab to start a combo, whatever u can..

C 3

Smash Ace
Make use of the cyclone, great way to link hits together, considering how roy is a somewhat fast faller. WD mind games also work really well because if you can trick the roy into attacking (especially with a smash) his attacks are quite slow, which gives you time to WD in and get a few hits in. WD out of shield and jabs into grabs/smashes/Up B are also very effective.

Good luck!!

mrb1tch3s

Smash Ace
My advice...moon walk(i think) mind games and LOTS of forward tilt..it has a longer range then his sword does...and yeah...the tornado does help a lot...and starting off with a up throw up b combo should help a little...

10th-Karma

Smash Apprentice
What I do against a marth/roy like that is I will maybe get hit once or twice w/ his forward smash while wding forward w/ low percentage so I don't die.. After that, you're golden to do many mindgames. I just usually like to either wd then shildroll to his back as he is smashing then do something during his lag. I also wd towards him and right when you get close, do a small wd back then wd forward again as his forward smash sword is on the ground and punish him!

Moonwalking is teh pwnage..

Top Bottom