• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi the drunken master

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
I unintentionally get kills all the time, usually from Misfire or Up-B. Like:
I'll be drifting while shooting slime, then flub the input and accidentally Misfire.
Or I'll use a Misfire just for the range, or even forget/fail to hold L while Missiling, and it ends up hitting.
Or I'll be mashing out of something then suddenly my opponent explodes.
I play this Samus regularly, and several times now I've Up-B'd, just trying to get onstage, while she's hanging there with tether, and gotten the sweetspot. Usually kills, despite being the aerial version used from below the stage.
Of course, there are the infamous Coin Spikes, as well. It's great when it happens from Meteor Cancelling.
Once or twice the Butt Spike has actually helped me. That's about how many times I've gotten it to work off-stage while actually trying.

This has also been my luck in Teams, as well… And I've Misfired to my doom more than I'd have preferred. I've also tried to Rising Cyclone with A before.

It's pretty funny.

Just wondering if this is anyone else's experience with Luigi.

Stump

Smash Rookie
I picked up playing Luigi after randoming him in a 4 man ffa. I frequently get misfires, so many that my friends john about it, and decided to main Luigi because of it. I no longer use sideB as an attack anymore, but for a while I was getting 3/4/5 misfires in a row. The salt that I induced was delicious. You are not alone.

moonfolk

Smash Apprentice
I too play Luigi drunk, and do drunk stuff with Luigi when sober. I have certainly mashed d-pad special before down b in preparation for the cyclone and get a dank fireball, meteor canceled up-b's, and accidentally b-reversed misfires.

KrobbleGoo

Smash Rookie
Everything this character does feels slanted. As if the world is on its side and Luigi is it's master.

Top Bottom