• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi recovery tips.

DrDank44

Smash Rookie
I have a friend who isn't too great at smash, but we play a lot. he knows a bit about the competitive scene but isn't in elite smash. I was recovering with Luigi when he says:
"Man, Luigi's recovery is really good".
Anyone who reads this may be thinking, "but... Luigi's recovery sucks", and if you're thinking that you'd be right. His recovery is easily edge guard-able, and yet i rarely find myself getting edgeguarded. Esam even said himself that luigi had the second worst recovery in the game, and that Luigi was akin to a slightly better little mac (he then went on to lose to elegant 2-0 at evo which forced him to move luigi up to mid tier lmao). So why did he think Luigi's recovery was so good? Well because i was recovering perfectly. It was almost like i skimmed the blast zones then teleported to the ledge. In Elegant's set against Cosmos, Cosmos couldn't get i a singular edgeguard on him- seriously watch the LTC7 set. Today i will teach you,my children, why Luigi's recovery can actually be rather effective. Luigi has some neat tips and trick which ill get into now

First of all- DO NOT BURN YOUR DAMN JUMP. I know, its tempting, but don't. This is vital for playing any character, but mainly Luigi. If you do, your dead. A big part of luigi is his insane jump height- its really good. This allows him to recover a lot easier. If you're close to ledge, just try to drift in. If they hit you just side b then jump and up b. Sweet-spotting up b is easy. If you are sent far our however, it gets trickier. a lot of the time you may be sent too far out to be able to recover under normal circumstances. A great way of recovering is to jump and then start charging up b. You will rise as you charge, making this a fantastic recovery option. Really i suggest that people just practice recovering to see what works for them.

prince-banane

Smash Rookie
Another thing :
Luigi is difficult to recover when there's someone beneath you. It's a lot easier if you dodge cause any up-b or up-air will hit you. Don't attack or you'll get ****ed.

DrDank44

Smash Rookie
Another thing :
Luigi is difficult to recover when there's someone beneath you. It's a lot easier if you dodge cause any up-b or up-air will hit you. Don't attack or you'll get ****ed.
I see what you're saying, but you should always try to recover as low as possible. This makes it much harder to punish. If a Luigi can recover perfectly, then the only thing that could edgeguard them is a hard read/callout. Either way, if you're ever interesting in improving at luigi message me, and i could try help you. the luigi smashboards is a bit of a wasteland nowadays so i suggest going to the luigi discords and going to the resources channel, theres a lot of good stuff there and good people too, who'll be more than happy to help. All character discords can be found here https://smashcords.com/smash-5

Top Bottom