• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi mid tier? I'm pretty sure luigi's won ALOT of tournaments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeriora

Smash Apprentice
Seeing many tournaments. Luigi was played a hella lot. One of the most played Luigi players "Boss" was extremely successful in winning MANY tournaments on VGBOOTCAMP > (Check their channel out, it's great) Also mentioning, A luigi won a long tournament called B.E.A.S.T. 5, beating a diddy/shiek, < highest on the tier list. Luigi needs to rise from his tier to the top 10, I can't say that his number 1, some characters have major benefits over him, but that doesn't mean he should be as low as (22) < Current tier list. Luigi has his flaws, but unlike every character, they have their flaws, but luigi tends to have many more pros than cons, unlike some characters in smash 4. Take this to consideration, and vote for luigi to be high in the tier list!!

XCounter

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CrossCounter
3DS FC
2981-7233-0181
If this current tier list you're looking at is the one on Eventhubs, pay no attention to it. Anyone can vote on it in any way they want, so it's not accurate. It might be a while before an accurate tier list gets created.

Zeriora

Smash Apprentice
If this current tier list you're looking at is the one on Eventhubs, pay no attention to it. Anyone can vote on it in any way they want, so it's not accurate. It might be a while before an accurate tier list gets created.
Yeah i agree with you, eventhubs is based on other peoples votes, but it is known of being the current list, since no other website holds one.

XCounter

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CrossCounter
3DS FC
2981-7233-0181
Yeah i agree with you, eventhubs is based on other peoples votes, but it is known of being the current list, since no other website holds one.
No other website has one because it's too early in the game's life to make one that's accurate. AFAIK, people aren't accepting the EH one to be the official tier list, it's just there.

TriTails

Smash Lord
I was about to make a thread about Weegee tier placement, but somewhat reversed. I'm warning you, my post might be a bit pessimistic side here.

Alright. First off, as everybody would have noticed, Luigi got a major flaw, and that is his mobility.

I feel that, this flaw can be easily exploited by a lot of characters. This isn't Diddy's recovery flaw, but Luigi's mobility problems just seem.... very major.

I think that.... once people adapt to his playsytle, they will learn on how to outspeed him. This significantly worries me about Luigi's future meta.

Again, his mobility problems are HUGE! No, Diddy has his recovery flaws, but it's not as big as this. Sheik and Pika had killing problems, but they can cover it up with their amazing egeguarding. Falcon and Sonic had no reliable projectile, but they make it up with their speed.

Luigi? I have yet to see anyone manage to cover his mobility problems up in competitive plays. I feel that, this can harm Luigi much more than characters who have a big flaw, but can make up for it. Luigi has problems chasing his opponents, which certainly pose a threat to Luigi's short range and grabs, and grabs are extremely important to his game, as we all know.

No, I didn't post this because I went to a big losing streak. In fact, I won most of my matches just now. But I feel that... Luigi's mobility, combined with his traction, do more harm than good, like, MUCH more. Yeah, I know Snake has bad mobility, but was still top tier in Brawl. But from what I have heard, he was excellent in zoning and defensive game, something Luigi doesn't excel in.

Unless they buff his mobility, or... revamp his whole moveset to be a defensive character (Which is VERY highly doubt), I feel that Luigi will be no higher than high-mid. His mobility affects his combo game so much, and while he is certainly a beast when he gets in, he has trouble approaching partly because if his mobility. If a character can wall Luigi out and keep the damage rise from afar, Luigi is a dead man walking.

Look guys, I'm sorry if I'm sounded like I'm about to ditch Luigi, I won't do that. And sorry if this post is pessimistic, but I just HAD to let this out. I feel that, his mobility will do harm to his placement. Can we all have a discussion on this?

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Look guys, I'm sorry if I'm sounded like I'm about to ditch Luigi, I won't do that. And sorry if this post is pessimistic, but I just HAD to let this out. I feel that, his mobility will do harm to his placement. Can we all have a discussion on this?

We can, but I feel this can be discussed in either the gameplay discussion or the other "Luigi's position on the tier list" here: http://smashboards.com/threads/luigis-position-on-the-tier-list.385850/

That being said, I don't see a point in having 2 or the same thread around, so I'm going to lock this and encourange direction in the thread I posted or gameplay discussion.

And eventhubs is unreliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom