• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi/Mario alternative up B guide

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Recently eric cartman posted a video on youtube showing luigi's alternative up b which allows you to go farther up instead of going diagnal. Its not to easy to do at first but you eventually get it down. Just like z canceling and other advanced techniques. Basicly what you do is you up b and move your control stick, pad or keys back then forth. For example on the luigi part of the video below i did it in this pattern

Diagnal = D

Up, Up right, Right, Down right, Right, Up right, Up, Up left

And for mario i did...

Up, Up right, right, Up right, Up, Up left, left

Im sure there are other possable ways of doing this but im not to sure. Anyways heres the vid. Click here

Ant-d got any facts?

_kSo_

Smash Master
thats weird as hell. this game just keeps comin out with new stuff...ant-d will probably make a vid that shows it better

Nephiros

Smash Ace
I thought that trick was common knowledge o_O

I remember the first time I did it, like, MONTHS ago (maybe even a year), it saved me. I was coming back from the left side on sector Z as Mario and I was kinda below the cockpit so upb = gg 'cause I'd have slammed under it and died, but I did it anyways because I didn't have any other option and I guess somehow pulled of the vertical one because I was desperated and by luck, which allowed me to grab the ledge. Sexy stuff.

_kSo_

Smash Master
oooo lucky guy. i dunno if i would ever accidentally figure something like that out. like i understand z-teching and DI'ing but something as minute and specific as that? wow...methinks there be a way to do something similar with falcon's upb? perhaps make it go more horizonal and less vertical? that would be a huge help

Box_of_Fox

Smash Journeyman
I see Nephiros has managed to thin the line between arrogance and skill.

I didn't know about the up-B, although I thought I saw a few opponents angle their up-B's particularly high... reminded me of melee. Cool though. I'll practice it.

ant-d

Smash Lord
Nothing

Right

Left 1 frame

There are many possibilities. All the pics are of the same frame, so you can see the difference in height etc.

Top Bottom