• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi main needs secondary

drpepper590

Smash Rookie
I am a Luigi main and I need to find a secondary to play so I have somebody to fallback on or play on a level as nice as my Luigi and still have fun.

I play very aggressive and like to control the stage, I played Puff for a while because I love my aerials but got tired of putting up the wall of pain

So, I play aggressive, love my aerials and I can play any character speed wise thanks for your time.

NIFOFD

Smash Apprentice
I mean the spacies are pretty great for what you're describing, the problem with the spacies is that if you get them to the same level as your main, you'll wind up in a dilemma where you feel like you should drop your main for the spacies. I'm not sure what level you play at, but you might as well look into who covers the matchups you don't like with luigi the best, and that's also probably going to be the spacies....

So unless you have another character that you're really interested in I'd recommend the spacies. But since you say you love your aerials, and can handle any character speed wise, maybe check out peach too? She's capable of aggressive play, while also being phenomenal defensively. She also has some of the best aerials in the game, which also can be float canceled to have the normal 4 frames of lag. I don't think she covers Luigi's bad matchups as well as fox/falco, but you should check her out to see if you like her.

drpepper590

Smash Rookie
I mean the spacies are pretty great for what you're describing, the problem with the spacies is that if you get them to the same level as your main, you'll wind up in a dilemma where you feel like you should drop your main for the spacies. I'm not sure what level you play at, but you might as well look into who covers the matchups you don't like with luigi the best, and that's also probably going to be the spacies....

So unless you have another character that you're really interested in I'd recommend the spacies. But since you say you love your aerials, and can handle any character speed wise, maybe check out peach too? She's capable of aggressive play, while also being phenomenal defensively. She also has some of the best aerials in the game, which also can be float canceled to have the normal 4 frames of lag. I don't think she covers Luigi's bad matchups as well as fox/falco, but you should check her out to see if you like her.
Yeah I used to play Falco but I didn't really have fun playing him so I went back to Luigi because I like Luigi :}.
I like your idea of Peach but with my skill level I would say I understand the advanced techs and apply them to my game play but while playing Luigi I can beat my friend who mains Fox but I also take him to the end of four stock and I'll lose but he has a strong grip on the advanced techs and plays. He plays netplay all day or sleeps or watches Netflix so he gets a lot of Fox practice in. I love puff because of her ability to destroy anybody off stage I have even killed at zero from offstage with pound into bair.
I have played and slightly understand;
Samus, Shiek, Falco, Puff and IC's
I think I will look into Peach though thanks for the suggestion

Last edited:

tsm2k420XX

Smash Cadet
I'd find a character who's fun, and also can be used against Luigi's bad matchups, so maybe puff or shiek

S-Mode

Smash Rookie
I mean I think if u want some1 who nos how to areral then id of chose Mr Game and Watch!
u don't even need to no how 2 cheat cancel nd u hav instant kill move. top tier ez

Top Bottom