• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi loves the new ledge mechanics

Ozyroth

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ozyroth
Hello Luigi mains!

First of this is my first ever thread on Smashboards, so hopefully everything goes well. Anyway I was playing with a friend (we are on the same clam/team) learning the Rosalina match-up, which I find a little tricky.

Yeah that happened! Ever since that PotD when Sakurai mentioned the ledge mechanics I was wondering if the Down-taunt will be useful in this game. To be honest that happened so fast I just reacted, hoping it will hit. Now that I successfully tested it's usage, I'll try creating some setups to this (forcing opponent to re-grab the ledge with no invulnerability frames).

So what do you think?

Darulio

Smash Rookie
I had never thought to force a second ledge grab to actually make this useful. On characters with predictable recoveries or those that have to recover low, this seems quite useful. Nice find!

STiCKYBULL3TZ

Smash Ace
NNID
STiCKYBULL3TZ
3DS FC
2036-9005-7675
Pretty cool for the style and disrespect. Dsmash would be more guaranteed and stage spikes them. BUT they can tech the Dsmash if they react fast enough. I still would go with Dsmash tho

Top Bottom