• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi is now superior?

Wtfwasthat

Smash Journeyman
ive been watching some videos and it seems that luigi may be better than mario in most aspects. I dont mind =d luigi rocks, but what do you guys think?

Losnar

Smash Journeyman
Mario was better in 64

Luigi was better in Melee

Luigi is even better in Brawl.

Smashbros_7

Smash Ace
Nope, Mario was higher on the tier list than Luigi in Melee and 64.

PS: Luigi was higher than Mario for the first 3 years! He was HIGH but quickly went down year after year...

Luigi may be better now.

D. M.

Smash Rookie
I was annoyed how Luigi was in the last two games. While his mix of crazy and being like Goofy personality wasn't introduced yet, he should have had more taste to him, not just given Mario's voice sped up. I couldn't use him either, and didn't feel the inspiration to due to my favorite character being ruined.

Brawl's fixing it. He looks to play better, and he has his M&L personality alongside the flavor he's had before (which is more of his normal feel) AND new recorded lines. I might be able to show my favorite character pride and use him a lot, along with Meta Knight, Solid Snake, and Marth.... we'll see.

He seems to be less slippery. Can anyone confirm whether he is or not...?

avian304

Smash Rookie
I actually hope they don't make him too good. There was always a satisfaction in beating high tiers with my low tier Luigi.

turtle roll

Smash Apprentice
well, luigi has been super luigified. more of his attacks even have new animations. and that freefall animation...

Biosage X

Smash Apprentice
luigi is in some ways, incomparable to Mario.

however, when forced to compare the two, I am compelled to say that Luigi has more going for him in pros then Mario.

Luigi has a much more powerful air-game in his strong down-air and honestly obnoxiously high priority in his neutral air, and his spammable/comboable up airs and down airs.

While Mario probably does have a more powerful ground game in brawl, brawl is much more of a aerial game then melee was, which tips the scale in Luigi's favor.

Smashbros_7

Smash Ace
I was annoyed how Luigi was in the last two games. While his mix of crazy and being like Goofy personality wasn't introduced yet, he should have had more taste to him, not just given Mario's voice sped up. I couldn't use him either, and didn't feel the inspiration to due to my favorite character being ruined.

Brawl's fixing it. He looks to play better, and he has his M&L personality alongside the flavor he's had before (which is more of his normal feel) AND new recorded lines. I might be able to show my favorite character pride and use him a lot, along with Meta Knight, Solid Snake, and Marth.... we'll see.

He seems to be less slippery. Can anyone confirm whether he is or not...?
What the hell! Are you a true Luigi fan? M/L DESTROYED Luigi's personality. He's wimpy and slightly homosexual (watch the ending) Im sorry but that game had terrible personality for Luigi.

Also they did that sped up voice for MELEE! They changed it after that. Not just when Brawl was released!

Biosage X

Smash Apprentice
What the hell! Are you a true Luigi fan? M/L DESTROYED Luigi's personality. He's wimpy and slightly homosexual (watch the ending) Im sorry but that game had terrible personality for Luigi.

Also they did that sped up voice for MELEE! They changed it after that. Not just when Brawl was released!
I'm not so sure that Luigi's personality is anything but that slightly homosexual, flamboyant guy. That is what makes him so funny in my mind.

If you think about it, Luigi didn't really a personality to begin with till say about the Nintendo 64 era, when Smash 64 and Paper Mario were released. Before that, there was no real dialog ever from Mario Brothers in any game. Luigi as just the less noticed brother of Mario.

Nintendo has made it quite clear that in all games Luigi is in, he is meant to be comic relief, and a cowardly form of it, at that.

Biosage X

Smash Apprentice
Lmao nice signature XD

Im Charginz Mah Laserz!

shoop da whoop!

@Bento

im still not sure what you are getting at man, from what ive noticed, Luigi's air priority is pretty close to the same, maybe a tad less on the neutral air? perhaps not, i need more research here...

Top Bottom