• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi Easy Ledge Trump

Squiiidzoid

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5026-5302-6885
Luigi has an easy way to do a ledge trump out of a run. It is much easier than the one for other characters that requires you to fastfall. All you have to do is run off the ledge and once Luigi leaves the floor you hold the control stick in the other direction(the timing is very lenient and easy). This seems to work due to Luigi's unique combination of fall speed, air maneuverability and a high ledge snap ability, as it doesn't work with other characters. After you land the ledge trump, you can either hold away from the ledge or fast fall and double jump and get a free Bair kill, or do a standard getup back onstage and get a free Dtaunt kill(so satisfying).

I have tested this in real matches, it works and its quick so there's nothing really your opponent can do about it. And remember when they regrab the ledge they have 25 frames where they are unable to do anything. If they decide to not regrab the ledge and instead try to jump back onstage, all you need to do is do a standard getup, and then either Fair or Fireball them for a Ledge Denial, and then ledge trump them again and Bair or Dtaunt, or go for a Snap Back Dair spike. I hope this helps everyone optimise their edge guarding game, and get some unexpected kills.

Last edited:

MrTeddyBear

Smash Apprentice
Fastfalling is still much quicker than this, and it matters because if you don't fastfall then it won't be fast enough to trump someone who rolls onto the stage. But with fastfalling you can guarantee that they won't be able to complete an action before you trump them, even if they buffer the roll. This is indeed easier, but if you practice your fastfall ledge trumps enough then those will be easy as well. And Luigi is actually one of the easier characters to fastfall trump with because of how slowly he falls in the air.

veritron

Smash Cadet
This is related to another problem I sometimes run into when playing Luigi - I'd go to bop someone off the stage, and mysteriously my second jump would be gone! What's happening is that when Luigi runs off the stage, he stays almost at stage height for a short time right when he runs off - so i'd actually be in midair before pressing the jump (and hence only having one jump left.)

Heleno

Smash Rookie
NNID
Helenopaiva
3DS FC
4914-4744-1262
This is related to another problem I sometimes run into when playing Luigi - I'd go to bop someone off the stage, and mysteriously my second jump would be gone! What's happening is that when Luigi runs off the stage, he stays almost at stage height for a short time right when he runs off - so i'd actually be in midair before pressing the jump (and hence only having one jump left.)
hi!
i am a Ness main, but i am working around to play with luigi, i kinda like the character.
i have experienced this several times. my advice is to keep your eye on the animation:
luigi's first jump is usually the leg twitching or slow backflip (backbone straight backflip)
luigi's second jump is usually a curly-ball flipping jump. so if you see him jumping into a curly ball - that's the second jump - stay sharp - you are in danger!
cheers!
hope it helps!

Top Bottom