• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi Dojo

Leprechaun_Drunk

Smash Journeyman
Let me start off by saying that this is NOT an advertisment for a clan. Just an idea of sorts.

Since the Luigi boards of SWF are only frequented by a few dedicated Luigi players, we should band together to collectively help each other to get better and start winning more tournaments.

There's at most 20 (and that's being generous) dedicated Luigi mains who visit the boards frequently. If we somehow worked together by facing off online and identifying key flaw's and such through videos and such, we could quickly advance Luigi's metagame. We can also face off our Luigi's against other characters as a way to test out certain techniques and suggested gameplay against a specific character. We can take any idea and try to implement it into our matches/studies.

This might or might not be a good idea to help Luigi along in the metagame.

Some ideas:

AIM Chat Room
Chat Room hosted by outside website
Video Footage File Sharing (or just youtube links posted in this or another specific thread)
Player Specific Flaws/Main mistakes to be avoided by Luigi players
List of Techniques/Discoveries that need to be tested out in-play
More to come...

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
Well I think stuff like this is a great idea... We need to get a comprehensive list of all our friend codes, so we can test our Luigis against each others secondary characters and such. I'm all for it, and my FC should be in my info.

Razz113

Smash Cadet
my aim is just razzcooky ,me and hippie chat from time to time on it so if you have it just add me adn ill hit ya up or vice versa. because advancing wigi is vital to the efforts were making.

SparkEd

Smash Journeyman
I lack AIM, sadly enough because of some bad experiences with it. <_< And not everyone in the world has access to AIM one way or another. *Gasp*

A chatroom based on another website, or maybe using an Internet Relay Client would work very well...

kamikazeman1

Smash Rookie
I lack AIM, sadly enough because of some bad experiences with it. <_< And not everyone in the world has access to AIM one way or another. *Gasp*

A chatroom based on another website, or maybe using an Internet Relay Client would work very well...
there are a couple solutions to this. one is the make an AIM profile then use the client Meebo at www.meebo.com to access your AIM account as well as yahoo and msn all at once

Leprechaun_Drunk

Smash Journeyman
We only need one person who has a vid capture method; we can just send him the replays and he'll post em for us. Any volunteers? I can do it with a webcam but it'd be crap quality.

luigidude90

Smash Apprentice
personally i think this is a good idea but an external chat would probably suit more people.

@ waddle doo - yes it would

and if like me you dont live in america it would be helpful to able to send replays because the online against each other would
undoubtedly be laggy =\

Waddle_Doo

Smash Cadet
personally i think this is a good idea but an external chat would probably suit more people.

@ waddle doo - yes it would

and if like me you dont live in america it would be helpful to able to send replays because the online against each other would
undoubtedly be laggy =\
Or...we could all just send the replays to the person responsible for uploading the videos, and we can watch it on Youtube or something. Much easier. Then everyone can watch (and criticize). Although it WOULD take up a lot of Brawl friends on that person's roster, so we'll need someone to sacrifice that. And for THAT we'll need some voodoo. I'll need a chicken toe, a wolf's flank, a...

Sr. Juego y Reloj

Smash Apprentice
This may or mat not be a good idea, but.. I'm a pretty active member on WiiUsers.net and there's a chat room in that site that absolutely no one uses. (And no, I'm not advertising. :b) We can discuss all Luigi matters there if you're all up for it. All you have to do is keep an extra tab open to that site. It's ridden with young douchebags who think they're the best. And it would be beautiful to see a bunch of Luigi mainers take over the site. There's only a handful of decent players there. So if you guys are down, join WiiUsers.net so we can use the chat there. =3

If you do decide to join, my user name is ska.

Edit: Btw, the layout of the site is a copy of this site

Razz113

Smash Cadet
Another thing we can do is use the Good old Ventrillo its a free download and i have info on a room we can use to chat and discuss and we woln't be intreuppted. Just a thought. also if you have AIm add me im RazzCooky and im always able to get back to people who wanna talk and discuss WiGi

kamikazeman1

Smash Rookie
This may or mat not be a good idea, but.. I'm a pretty active member on WiiUsers.net and there's a chat room in that site that absolutely no one uses. (And no, I'm not advertising. :b) We can discuss all Luigi matters there if you're all up for it. All you have to do is keep an extra tab open to that site. It's ridden with young douchebags who think they're the best. And it would be beautiful to see a bunch of Luigi mainers take over the site. There's only a handful of decent players there. So if you guys are down, join WiiUsers.net so we can use the chat there. =3

If you do decide to join, my user name is ska.

Edit: Btw, the layout of the site is a copy of this site

This looks like all that we need, ill prolly sign up in the near future and as far as screencaps, is it possible to save someone else's video on an sd card and upload it or what because im fairly sure i have access to w/e we need if its what im thinking of

EDIT: my name on wiiusers will be RDKNT
EDIT AGAIN: For those of you that dont know, skype is a free online peer to peer phone service much like vent but on a smaller scale, it also has a capability to hold small "conference" calls that allow up to 5 ppl to talk in the same channel. it also has a regular chatroom much like AIM and i dont think there is a limit on that. Just throwin it out there

PKboy89

Smash Journeyman
"Video Footage File Sharing (or just youtube links posted in this or another specific thread)
Player Specific Flaws/Main mistakes to be avoided by Luigi players
List of Techniques/Discoveries that need to be tested out in-play"

Basically stuff that can already be found on smashboards?

The Luigi boards could use more activity, but from exploring other forums and stuff, sometimes its just a lot of the same crap over and over...probably half of all the threads in the snake section are just "how the hell do you mortar slide?" or "snake is broken" I actually kinda like how the Luigi aren't ******** like that, but they could use more activity.

kamikazeman1

Smash Rookie
Another thing we can do is use the Good old Ventrillo its a free download and i have info on a room we can use to chat and discuss and we woln't be intreuppted. Just a thought. also if you have AIm add me im RazzCooky and im always able to get back to people who wanna talk and discuss WiGi
I'm obviously blind for not seeing this.
If you've got a vent channel thats open im sure it would be greatly appreciated, i'd much rather talk than type
PM vg maddness on aim, I'm up for luigi discussion i need to improve mine a lot

SparkEd

Smash Journeyman
On consideration, I can start up an actual IRC Chatroom for us.

...Course, I'd need a few agreements before doing anything, and I'd be happy to help those who can't grasp IRC too well, as there isn't much to learn.

kamikazeman1

Smash Rookie
and SparkED saves the day
we have all these ideas but i dont think anyone has executed them, i dont know anything about irc chatrooms but if you can set one up and its as easy as you saym by all means, share it with the world, the world being luigi forums

SparkEd

Smash Journeyman

1) http://www.esper.net/pjirc/index.php <= Have Java beforehand. If not, Google "mIRC," download and get to me on a PM unless you know how IRC Works...

2) type in "/join #metaluigi" without quotes. Change your nickname by simply typing in your nick on the bottom right and hitting enter.

3) ???

4) Profit!

I've got the chat and everything. I'll be on the whole day in Eastern Standard Time for most days until school starts to pick up. That's about 8 AM-10:30PM but not the WHOLE day... I still have a life too... D:

LP4Life666

Smash Journeyman

1) http://www.esper.net/pjirc/index.php <= Have Java beforehand. If not, Google "mIRC," download and get to me on a PM unless you know how IRC Works...

2) type in "/join #metaluigi" without quotes. Change your nickname by simply typing in your nick on the bottom right and hitting enter.

3) ???

4) Profit!

I've got the chat and everything. I'll be on the whole day in Eastern Standard Time for most days until school starts to pick up. That's about 8 AM-10:30PM but not the WHOLE day... I still have a life too... D:
This is what the Lucario players have done with their forums and it's worked out great. You should make your own thread for this and hopefully more people will join it.

You guys need your own chat channel!

Top Bottom