• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi combo video... hmm

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
I dont know if I should make one. I know that there are lots of vids on the video omnibus so sources wouldn't be a problem. I've made one combo video of Marths called "Red Steel". I've got some good ideas. If you guys have seen some nice combos PLEASE POST THE VIDEO AND THE TIME here.

Thanks a bunch guys, I hope you won't be disappointed.

:colorful:

Note: song ideas would be nice too

Gkryptonite

Smash Journeyman
If you do make it, try not to use the misfire in them, they're just plain luck, not combo enders

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
Just to let you guys know, the combo vid will not be of me. I barely have any Luigi vids up so I will just use vids of all the other fellow luigis :).

If you want to see my Luigi wath the 1 (yeah just 1) vid of me on the omnibus. Or come to C3 2/3/07 cuz I'll prolly be there to rep Luigi (and my other chars)

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
+rep to Randall for being a cool Luigi player. Any clips suggestions for the vid?

Some Luigis to be in the vid!!

Azen

Ka-M

Smash God

Randall

ROFL

Ultra Luigi

Drephen

anyone i'm forgetting?

ppa0

Smash Journeyman
allz you neede iz ka-master, ultra luigi and ROFL n yarg0t your self a good combo videozie

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
I'm layin' pipe all night long...layin' pipe, I'm workin' so hard!

+rep to Randall for being a cool Luigi player. Any clips suggestions for the vid?
Alas, my slowly but steadily increasing number of green boxes beneath my name are gone. *sniff* O! Woe is me, how shall I go on!

anyone i'm forgetting?
I'd say Thunders for sure, if you can find decent quality clips.

And although his playstyle seems to have come under some criticism in my circles thanks to the emergence of the newer Luigi-style, I still think Yagi's got a beast of a Weege.

Then again, if you want the video to be generally well-received, you probably shouldn't listen to me.

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
Alas, my slowly but steadily increasing number of green boxes beneath my name are gone. *sniff* O! Woe is me, how shall I go on!

I'd say Thunders for sure, if you can find decent quality clips.

And although his playstyle seems to have come under some criticism in my circles thanks to the emergence of the newer Luigi-style, I still think Yagi's got a beast of a Weege.

Then again, if you want the video to be generally well-received, you probably shouldn't listen to me.
Ah yes thunders. And please, stop calling luigi "master wigi" "weegee" "wigi" and "weege". Very disrespectful.

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
"Weege" is perfectly valid, thank you. I shan't be confused with anything other than a true Luigi fan.
Weege is qutoed by Mario, Luigi worst emeny! He doesn't deserve to be called an enemy..

I say Mario is taken out of Brawl and Luigi put in, get rid of Luigi's clone!

Randall00

Propitious Plumber
Slippi.gg
RJM#615
Pfft, you can't be a true Luigi fan and still have a hate on for Mario--that's a perversion of Mushroom Kingdom law. What you're talking about is a loyal Luigi cult following wherein its members hold Luigi high and above even the interests of Luigi himself; people who will buy Mario Is Missing and Luigi's Mansion without even acknowledging Super Mario World and Mario Sunshine because the original man in red has been permanently relegated to second-place by an uninformed decision to select the esoteric underdog.

You have to be a realist about Luigi's position and to embrace his strengths and weaknesses in Nintendo lore, the games must be played without bias, including Mario-themed games. Mario first appeared in Donkey Kong sans Luigi, of course, and since he had yet to exist, nothing about Luigi could properly be derived from it. However, as soon as he become a straight palette swap of Mario in arcade and home console games in the late 1980s, comparisons could invariably be drawn. Luigi's original jumping properties and low traction were, in fact, not Luigi's at all but rather belonged to the maternal character in the Famicom release Doki Doki Panic, later ported to the west as Super Mario Bros. 2. These elements of Luigi's physics continue to appear in games today, as we know.

As the stories and the graphics got more complex, so too did Luigi's character and he had firmly established himself a place in the Mushroom Kingdom as Mario's brother, fighting for good--not evil. The only evidence (using that word loosely here) you can find of Luigi being Mario's "worst enemy" would've been in his original Mario Bros. duelling/versus style arcade game and possibly New Super Mario Bros. in which a multiplayer game pits the two against one another, accompanied by no storyline or explanation for the conflict. These could've been communal VR training sessions to help cooperatively thwart koopas in tandem when the real threat comes, for all we know. What's more important is the longtime partnership they've established through countless adventures.

One can't help but admire Luigi's raw determination in helping to locate Mario amidst castles full of Koopalings and clever edutainment puzzles early in their relationship. Not to mention having to do it all over again in an absurd ghost-filled mansion armed with nothing more than a Poltergust 3000 and a Game Boy Horror. If Luigi or Mario felt that either was their worst enemy, you can be sure that this wouldn't have occurred. Were that the case, perhaps these games should have been retitled to Peach's Mansion, wherein Luigi becomes kidnapping partners in crime with King Boo, and Mario is Missing...at the hands of his sadistic brother!, where you must play as Yoshi, forced to mix and match trails of various cookies in the castle under the assumption that their delicious appearance will bate Luigi outside and ultimately towards eternal imprisonment in the Super Happy Tree. :yoshi:

"Weege" in the context of the source material is a term of endearment, used to ease Luigi's understandable state of nervousness as he and his brother face an awkward situation. I'd be quicker to pin "worst enemy" on Waluigi, despite a lack of concrete evidence--at least he's responsible for plagiarizing Luigi's purply Wrecking Crew outfit.

Anyway, I was going to expand this even further for some reason, but the bottom line is: Luigi is the man and there's a lot of good reasons for him to be your favourite--but Mario's still the icon.

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
Whoa there Randall. I wasn't hatin' on Mario, just saying that it was him that called Luigi "weege." If Mario really is the icon, then it's sensible he is superior to Luigi. Thus, he refers to him as a lowling; "weege." Instead of being respectful to his lil bro and saying "Luigi."

ANYWAYS

anyone have some nice combos they seen for the vid? hmm?

Top Bottom