• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luddoj's Project M 3.5 CSP Workshop - High Quality CSPs for You! (DEFINETELY SUSPENDED)

keatonsscott

Smash Rookie
Hey man, me and my friend are just getting into the PM scene and i want to find a hd pack for PM. Im a total noob at this stuff, do you know of an hd pack that we could use? We dont like the bad brawl graphics and we want to find an hd texture pack to make it look better. Thanks.
Also this looks really cool. When will you be able to work on it again?

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
Hey man, me and my friend are just getting into the PM scene and i want to find a hd pack for PM. Im a total noob at this stuff, do you know of an hd pack that we could use? We dont like the bad brawl graphics and we want to find an hd texture pack to make it look better. Thanks.
Also this looks really cool. When will you be able to work on it again?
There really isn't one.

Flambo237

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Flambo237
It will be. In due time. Have faith... Maybe it's closer than what you think...

Currently no, there is no CSP ready download pack. I could probably arrange one in the future, whenever I have the time to do so. for the time being, please keep downloading the sets one by one, please.

Looking good man! I'm glad I serve as inspiration for other board members! I definetely put a lot of effort into my CSPs and I plan to keep doing that in the future as well.

If you want a suggestion, you should check your brightness settings to avoid having the final CSP looking so shiny. Try to keep light consistant throughout the entire model. Other than that, I really like the pose and also the concept. Keep it up!

To finish this post, I'm glad to tell everybody that I have some pretty amazing news for all of you but that will have to wait for a little while longer. I have been really busy as of lately, but as soon as I have free time I'll let you guys know.

Until next time! Happy Smashing!
Noted and I will keep smashing thank you.

Luddoj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luddoj
Hey guys! Long time no speak, uh? It's me, and I'm here to tell you more about my current situation.

I'm very sad to announce that I will no longer create custom CSPs, nor will I ever update the thread again with new characters. This might be a horrible thing for many of you, but after a lot of thought I have decided it's definetely the best option.

I am currently employed at a company and I work five days a week, 12 hours a day. I spend the rest of my time with my family and my SO, as well as other activities that I am obligated to do.
I'm about to return to university starting next monday, and that will mean that I'll have to study constantly and take care of homework and exams. That will also demand a good amount of time.

Smash has stopped being one of my priorities, at least for the time being. I have not played Melee, Project M or Smash 4 in almost 3 months. I have not been able to watch streams, go to tourneys in my area or keep in touch with the community because I have way too much responsabilities, and I feel like there are more important things in my life I have to take care right now.

It's sad to dissapoint you all, since you have being waiting for me to return and keep making CSPs for you to use, but the thing is that I feel rusty, I don't have time and I don't want to force me to make CSPs because I feel that I will end up hating CSP creation as consecuence.

However, and this is probably the bright side of things, I will be accepting your requests and create CSPs based ONLY ON CHARACTERS I HAVE ALREADY WORKED ON (These include all the ones on the first post of the thread as well as Marth)
Recolors of already finished costumes will definetely be completed faster. Character with alternate identities or additional objects will probably have to wait a bit longer to be finished and posted.

If you consider that my CSPs are good enough to keep using them even though they are incomplete (as in, not the entire cast) and you want to request a CSP follow these instructions:

1. Add "REQUEST" as the first thing I can read on your post (That will help me sort out requests from casual replies)
2. Link me the textures (Don't tell me "I once saw a costume on Brawl Vault that..." because I won't search the file for you)
3. Be polite when asking. I don't want people demanding me to take their requests first.
4. Be PATIENT. As I have explained before, I basically don't have enough time to take care of my personal life, so requests will probably take days or even weeks to be released. It will all depend on my schedule and how free I am.

Also, I will probably release a "drag and drop into SD card" version of all my CSPs for you to easily include them in your current build.

Aaaaand, that's basically it folks. I want to thank all the awesome people that have followed me up to this point, supporting me and beleiving in my work. Every word of encouragement, every opinion and every suggestion always made me feel that you guys actually cared for this project, and that served me as motivation to keep pushing forward.

I hope you all can understand my situation and keep supporting me nonetheless. I will probably come back, seeing as how Project M 3.6 is on the works and new improvements and things are going to be added, but only time will tell. I haven't lost faith. I'm adapting to my present, but who knows about the future? Certainly I don't.

So, I'll see you soon guys. Take care and keep Smashing!

Stevie Jayrep

Smash Cadet
RIP Luddoj. I honestly liked these better than SJS's, so it's kinda disappointing for me to see you leave like this. I shared your work a lot as well, and I remember /v/ liking your csp's a lot.

Well, I guess this is goodbye for a while.

NFreak

Smash Journeyman
Do what you have to man, good luck with everything!

If it's cool with you, I kinda want to "finish up" this project if I get time (by that I mean making my own for the characters you didn't get to). Do you have any good tutorials handy?

Luddoj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luddoj
REQUEST:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/knmqe14yw2u87h1/Unmasked Man.zip . My favorite texture since the one in my profile hasnt been made in brawl yet and itd be super cool with your great Lucas Csp's design :p
I had some free time today so here you go:

Hope you like it.
I'll probably add requests to the official download folders as well, just as a little bonus.
Do what you have to man, good luck with everything!

If it's cool with you, I kinda want to "finish up" this project if I get time (by that I mean making my own for the characters you didn't get to). Do you have any good tutorials handy?
Currently no, I can't think of any. But it's basically using BrawlBox to model characters and the just playing with effects on Photoshop until you have something amazing. There are other techniques, but I don't know them all and explaining them would take quite some time and a very good and well explained tutorial.

ImThatGuy

Smash Cadet
I had some free time today so here you go:

Hope you like it.
I'll probably add requests to the official download folders as well, just as a little bonus.

Currently no, I can't think of any. But it's basically using BrawlBox to model characters and the just playing with effects on Photoshop until you have something amazing. There are other techniques, but I don't know them all and explaining them would take quite some time and a very good and well explained tutorial.

Thank you, its beautiful, love your work man

Narpas_sword

Hey @ Luddoj Luddoj

Sorry to hear that you're stopping with the CSP, they ones released are awesome.
Hope your job goes well =)

Was just wanting to check with you if it's ok for me to recolour your fusion samus pose?
I've made a bunch of recolours for the costume, and want to stick it on brawlvault, it would look complete with your pose.

I don't need you to do them, i can manage myself, just want permission to use your work =)

Will credit you of course.

Luddoj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luddoj
Dude, its sad to see you go away. I loved your CSPS, espically wario and sonic. I also have a request: https://www.dropbox.com/s/yzrh3wfqlaa1tji/Sonic - Chaos Costumes.rar?dl=0
For sonic, please.
Thanks for the praise! I'll see what I can do in regards of the Sonic Costume you are requesting. I had some issues with Sonic's files last time I checked but I'll see what I can do. Keep an eye on the thread.
Hey @ Luddoj Luddoj

Sorry to hear that you're stopping with the CSP, they ones released are awesome.
Hope your job goes well =)

Was just wanting to check with you if it's ok for me to recolour your fusion samus pose?
I've made a bunch of recolours for the costume, and want to stick it on brawlvault, it would look complete with your pose.

I don't need you to do them, i can manage myself, just want permission to use your work =)

Will credit you of course.
Thanks man!
Well, I don't have any problem as long as you post a link to this thread in your Brawl Vault description, and maybe a .txt file on the .rar/.zip file.
Depending on demand I might actually retexture the fusion suit myself and also post them here. But for the time being, since I'm currently busy, please go ahead.

Luddoj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luddoj
I think that's extremely unethical, on so many levels. (and I don't think that's allowed, PM doesn't make off what they do for a verity of reasons and well... everyone else as well) I usually don't speak much, even after helping you learn how to render and whatnot with Taiko (In fact you never being us up at all or thank us in any of this when people ask I feel a bit saddened by it)

I work a full time job, and managed to work on multiple projects and so many other people, the reason for this is because Smash is not a Job, it's a hobby, and something I enjoy and work towards and a lot of modders can probably agree to this. And I'm against making money off something that's 1, free for the community. and 2, something that brings us together.

Even if you're in a tight spot, we all have been there, I've been through an insane of stuff to get where I am, but leaving a job to work on modding isn't a job, it's frowned upon and I know I'm coming off extremely harsh but I'm putting my foot down on stuff like this, no one in the community does this, you can't make a living off this and quitting a full stable job for modding of all things, I feel is wrong.
This is pretty much the opinion I wanted to hear. I wanted to make sure that what I was thinking was the right thing and if you put it that way then, yes, it's definetely wrong.

That said, it was and idea I won't ever mention again. I get your point and I'm sorry if I offended you by any means.
Thank you for taking your time to read and reply. I'll find a way to go around things and probably continue modding in the future in some way.

And sorry for not giving any credit in the past and form my current mistakes. I'll take care of that right now because, you're right, I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for your kind help and from other users from the boards.

MagicManNo9

A busy man with a busy schedule these days!
This is pretty much the opinion I wanted to hear. I wanted to make sure that what I was thinking was the right thing and if you put it that way then, yes, it's definetely wrong.

That said, it was and idea I won't ever mention again. I get your point and I'm sorry if I offended you by any means.
Thank you for taking your time to read and reply. I'll find a way to go around things and probably continue modding in the future in some way.

And sorry for not giving any credit in the past and form my current mistakes. I'll take care of that right now because, you're right, I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for your kind help and from other users from the boards.
Well damn, when you put it that way I feel pretty bad for snapping like I did, I want to apologize as well for getting way too harsh, specially to someone I like, I've seen people in the past try to do something similar and it's more a personal thing on my end with my belief on this kind of topic.

You need not worry about credit, I don't usually do any of this for any kind of personal gain (In the past I did these kind of things to take my mind off everything whenever I go through a rough time, now I'm just modding mainly for fun haha) I probably said that in the heat of a moment and for that I'm sorry, that was rude of me.

I will say this though, you've not made any mistakes in the past and I really hope you do manage to pull through this tough situation and continue modding, speaking from experience it really does pay off in the end I say.

Again I'm very glad to hear this kind of reply and it really hits home for me, so thank you and once again, sorry for pressing too hard on that matter!

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
I think we just witnessed something more beautiful than Luddoj's and Codex's CSPs. Glad everything worked out!

cramazzratazz

Smash Apprentice
now that the dust has settled, we can witness the glorious partnership... of codex AND luddoj!? D:

*single tear

Luddoj

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luddoj
Dude, its sad to see you go away. I loved your CSPS, espically wario and sonic. I also have a request: https://www.dropbox.com/s/yzrh3wfqlaa1tji/Sonic - Chaos Costumes.rar?dl=0
For sonic, please.
REQUEST(s) whenever you get to em:

Samus Metroid Prime 2 Multiplayer Recolors (there are 3 here - blue, green, and silver)
Maritime Captain Falcon 2
Zepher Charizard

These recolors are relatively old so don't worry about them if you run into any issues. And no need to do them all in one go if that's too much.

Love your work Luddoj!
Hey! I'll probably have them all ready next week, since I'll be having some free time that I can actually use to focus only on requested content.

Also, I wanted to ask some questions:
1. If you were to choose any character that I have already designed and you would like to see remastered, which one would it be?
2. If you could choose any character that hasn't already been designed for me to start doing so, which one would it be?

Choose wisely. I'll come back and read the replies on Saturday I guess. Depending on the results I'll see what I can do.

Keep being amazing guys!

Choice Scarf

Smash Journeyman
Oh hey nice! Well, while I'm already here:

1. I would probably say Pit but only because the current pose makes him seem a bit too timid for his character. It's probably just me being used to KI:U where Pit is shown to be a lot more confident looking (like here and here). It doesn't have to be completely new since the bow pose definitely works, so maybe just a tweak in the posture so that Pit's back isn't as hunched over may help.

2. I'd normally suggest a more widely used character but I would love a new Ice Climbers CSP. I also use a lot of the SJS CSPs in addition to yours, but one problem I have with his Ice Climbers portrait is how Popo being in front of Nana masks what costume Nana is wearing (see here). SJS seems to have settled on that pose though, so I'd be interested to see what your take on it would be.

ChiePet

*~About That BASS.~*
NNID
ChiePet
My only and Biggest request is an updated version of Melee Daisy Peach alt.

Please. <3

purplebird

Smash Rookie
1. If you were to choose any character that I have already designed and you would like to see remastered, which one would it be?
2. If you could choose any character that hasn't already been designed for me to start doing so, which one would it be?
Hey Luddoj, I love your CSPs, awesome stuff.

For 1; I'd like to see a remastered DK, his pose seems a little awkward for his body style.

For 2; I'd really like to see what you can do with Mewtwo, he seems to have the potential for a really dynamic CSP.

Raptr

Smash Rookie
Hey! I'll probably have them all ready next week, since I'll be having some free time that I can actually use to focus only on requested content.

Choose wisely. I'll come back and read the replies on Saturday I guess. Depending on the results I'll see what I can do.

Keep being amazing guys!
1. Wario.

2. Meta Knight.

ChiePet

*~About That BASS.~*
NNID
ChiePet
You can try requesting it in Theytah's thread.
Meant to Clarify to this post that I was asking for her CSP, I know what thread i'm posting in. I already have the Alt itself.

Keep being amazing guys!
1 & 2: Princess Peach. and PRINCESS PEACH

ChiePet

*~About That BASS.~*
NNID
ChiePet
common 5
sc_selcharacter_en
MiscData[30]
Textures
then a big scroll down to:

MenselchrFaceB.501
MenselchrFaceB.502
MenselchrFaceB.503
MenselchrFaceB.504

i think are the ones.
Happen to know which "MenselchrFaceB.XX" Peach's CSP are?

Narpas_sword

id have to check, but i think

common 5
sc_selcharacter_en
MiscData[70]
Textures
?

Best way to learn is just to open all of them and look in the textures folders.

Top Bottom