• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Lucina's Frame Data [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordWilliam1234

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
7820-3654-7995
Would also like to contribute my frame data sheet for Lucina. Has stuff on block as well as the data for her custom moves.

@ KuroganeHammer KuroganeHammer , how'd you get the invincibility frames? I can update my sheet since I'm guessing your numbers for invincibility are more accurate than mine (my invincibility frames/counter frames are via character flashing, which I think is close but not exact).

Last edited:

GoldenMasterSword

Smash Cadet
NNID
GoldMasterSword
3DS FC
5241-2079-3500
Style: F-smash
*dead*
Also, it would seem that most of Lucina's knockback values are actually in middle between Marth's tipper and non-tipper range just as I predicted.

Last edited:

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
Surprised at how high the Recovery meter is filled for her. If this counts custom moves, I can agree it on it I guess. If its not, can't say I do, I don't think her recovery is good at all tbh. Rest of the stuff seems on point though, good to know these.

GoldenMasterSword

Smash Cadet
NNID
GoldMasterSword
3DS FC
5241-2079-3500
Surprised at how high the Recovery meter is filled for her. If this counts custom moves, I can agree it on it I guess. If its not, can't say I do, I don't think her recovery is good at all tbh. Rest of the stuff seems on point though, good to know these.
Slightly half way through the bar is ok-ish to me. She and Marth can attack players that are on stage, and hitting them out of up B is nigh-impossible due to early intangibility. I believe Marth (and perhaps Lucina, maybe she just needs to charge it) can also increase horizontal recovery with just an aerial shield breaker.

It's very predictable, yes, but mains of these characters will always find a way to mix up their jump pattern. Some characters just can't go as deep as they can, and unlike Melee, they don't have to worry about not sweetspotting the ledge.

Last edited:

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
Slightly half way through the bar is ok-ish to me. She and Marth can attack players that are on stage, and hitting them out of up B is nigh-impossible due to early intangibility. I believe Marth (and perhaps Lucina, maybe she just needs to charge it) can also increase horizontal recovery with just an aerial shield breaker.

It's very predictable, yes, but mains of these characters will always find a way to mix up their jump pattern. Some characters just can't go as deep as they can, and unlike Melee, they don't have to worry about not sweetspotting the ledge.
Was thinking more of slightly less than half of the bar tbh, I honestly think their recovery is pretty bad even with shield breaker. UpB has invicibility on startup alright, but it provides far too little distance to be called a good recovery imo. Most characters can deal with it by running off and Fair or RAR Bair, hit them after their double jump and they're less than likely to make it back onstage at around 65% and above. Not sweetspotting the ledge can also suck sometimes: certain moves like :4charizard:'s flamethrower or z-dropping with characters with items like :4megaman: or :4pacman: can interfere with it and sometims make them UpB too high above the ledge open for punishment, and get grabbed and thrown even further away from the stage without their DJ. Some attacks that can hit below the stage like :4littlemac:'s dsmash can hit them at the end of the UpB and send em' flying.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
@ LordWilliam1234 LordWilliam1234 , do your frame advantage numbers currently take into account the 1.10 patch (where multiple aerials have less landing lag)?

Last edited:

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
Default Neutral-B gains momentum in the air, Dancing Blade stalls her fall and Dolphin Slash gets a LOT of height. If you know what you're doing with the above tools; her recovery is rather excellent.

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
Default Neutral-B gains momentum in the air, Dancing Blade stalls her fall and Dolphin Slash gets a LOT of height. If you know what you're doing with the above tools; her recovery is rather excellent.
Neutral B only works when recovering high, the move lasts way too long to recover low with and you won't have enough time to double jump and UpB. It doesn't even go anywhere at all unless you fully charge it and I can still challenge it and either hit her out of it (potentially killing her outright) or force her to strike me and give up the charge and not go anywhere, and if she does hit me it isn't powerful enough to finish me off, not like say Ness' PK Thunder (even though his recovery still sucks in general, he can at least mess you up if you fail to gimp him). Shield Breaker also has like 33 frames of endlag, so its also possible for the opponent to predict your landing, and punish it by grabbing you and tossing you offstage again to setup another gimp oppurtunity (or worse, using a stronger move that could kill you outright). Dancing Blade has even more endlag, and while it may stall your fall it still doesn't help boost you far. Dolphin Slash's vertical distance isn't as good as you make it out to be. Ifyou get spiked it often isn't enough to bring you back up (that is if you're not even already dead from the spike). Dolphin Slash's vertical height is decent but not great, and it still gives a crappy. horizontal distance and doesn't sweetspot the ledge.

So no, her recovery is still lackluster. These are okay ways to mix it up, but they don't truly fix it.

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
@ Funkermonster Funkermonster Shield Breaker in the air, even when it isn't fully charged, still gets some momentum; which is crucial when you're trying to preserve your second jump after being knocked off stage.

Spamming the 1st hit Dancing Blade while midair is alright for stalling, to bait you opponents and keeping them guessing as to when you'll attempt to got for the ledge.

Dolphin Slash gets enough height where most opponents won't try to punish it if you recover low enough to where it's too risky for them to jump after you, it's also surprisingly good at stage spiking opponents at low percentages.

I'm not saying that her recovery is the best; I'd say that rating she's given is fair.

H-O-G

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Samurai-Edge9
3DS FC
5000-3290-0193
Do not forget that counter can stop opponents frm pursuing her off stage as well

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
@ Funkermonster Funkermonster Shield Breaker in the air, even when it isn't fully charged, still gets some momentum; which is crucial when you're trying to preserve your second jump after being knocked off stage.

Spamming the 1st hit Dancing Blade while midair is alright for stalling, to bait you opponents and keeping them guessing as to when you'll attempt to got for the ledge.

Dolphin Slash gets enough height where most opponents won't try to punish it if you recover low enough to where it's too risky for them to jump after you, it's also surprisingly good at stage spiking opponents at low percentages.

I'm not saying that her recovery is the best; I'd say that rating she's given is fair.
And by some, you mean hardly any momentum. Still not enough to make much of a difference and its not that safe an option, if you don't charge it up its not really going to take you far enough to save you. Not to mention that it also takes waaay too long to charge it and both it and Dancing Blade have quite some endlag before you can act out of them, and if the opponent has a projectile (and more than half the cast owns at least one), they can avoid both Shield Breaker and Dancing Blade completely and still harass you from afar. Even if you aren't killed, you're still gonna take damage to get closer to your death percentage. Also, need I remind you that Dolphin Slash does not even sweetspot the ledge? I'l give you its startup invincibility that makes it hard to punish (but I disagree with the stagespike, your opponent can just tech it if they see it coming, and in this game its not hard teching stage spikes unless you're playing online, have a laggy controller, or if you're hit by a multi-hit move (which its not)), but you aren't invincible at the end of it and you're still vulnerable there. I honestly think most characters really shouldn't allow her to get that close to the ledge in the first place, but even so I think quite a few characters can exploit the lack of invincibility at the end:

Some Tilts and Smashes can hit right underneath the ledge and just knock you back away. :4littlemac::4bowser: and :4sonic: come to mind
Projectiles that can guard the ledge well or hit downwards, potentially making you UpB above the ledge and allowing the opponent to punish with whatever fast moves they might have: :4charizard:'s flamethrower, :4pacman:'s hydrant, :4villager:'s bowling ball, :4pit:'s arrows, etc. Sometimes characters with item projectiles can also z-drop them on top of you, though UpB's invibility and priority can save you from those if they mistime it.

Yeah, still think her recovery is mediocre. Not to say that it's the worst recovery in the world, but I do think its at least below average. Make Lucina waste her double jump, and then she gets very little chances of safely coming back on, especially when she needs to recover horizontally. You can air dodge, counter, or do some other stuff; but they will never keep you safe from absolutely everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom