• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucina Strings/Combo Exhibition (Training Mode)

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Those are very creative albeit most of them out of falling U-air and N-air which are unsafe. Regardless, thanks for sharing. I'm going to rename the thread though as to not cause confusion since some of these can be DI'd out or are strings which means they aren't true combos.

:227:

Rewrite

Smash Apprentice
This is a really neat combo video and showcases just how much combo game Lucina and Marth have.

I feel people put too much emphasis on true combos and neglect to mention potent set-ups which may as well be true combos. The up-air to footstool to momentum cancel with Dancing Blade is absolute genius and so satisfying to pull off.

The problem is most of these true combos and set-ups are rather impractical as they require you to hit the opponent while right next to them which is a position you should be trying to avoid at all costs. They are also barred by rather tight percentage windows that vary from character to character.

They're still good combos to have in your arsenal though because if your opponent whiffs with a really laggy move (Falcon's knee for example) then these make stellar punishes.

I'm currently trying to see if all of these work with Marth and against Robin (Robin is used because he was the character the combos were performed on in the video). Everything I've tried has been successful so far.

Last edited:
Top Bottom